Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle K
Canada
SK
flag msg tools
Here is the text of your original article:

Subject: Cursed White Ladies: not even worth 15 coins
just played a 4 player game with cursed white ladies in the second spot.

i declined with intent of picking them on turn 3 after my declined and active race were basically dead. they had 15 coins on them at that point.

turn 1:7VP w/kolbolds
turn 2ecline at 5vp
turn 3:~14VP w/ratmen and kolbolds
turn4ecline for 4VP
turn5:white ladies for 5vp w/rats +15 for cursed
(ladies took 1 region, then a tales card killed one, then got conquered so that i had 0 left)
turn6ecline for 0
turn 7:lame dwarfs with ~6VP on them
turn8ecline
turn9(yes we lost track and went long 1 turn):wealthy humans

other players played fairly normally, but the gypsies from tuurn 1 stuck around till turn 5. compared to orcs, they start with too many tokens.

i tried something new this game(5 races in 9 turns), and it was mostly fun. I usually pick a spreading race turn 1, turn 2/3 decline, then pick a race i plan on keeping alive till second last turn, then decline, then pick a new race last turn for extra points.(so 3 races total)

the moral: dont pick cursed white ladies till they have at least 30 coins on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moore
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter Top Promoter
badge
Does (Top Promoter) subliminal (Top Promoter) advertising (Top Promoter) really (Top Promoter) work?
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you give some sense of the final scores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Em
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i could see that working on the final turn but its definitely a crappy pairing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle K
Canada
SK
flag msg tools
my final score was 87. 91 if i hadnt bid on a tales card which i lost.

1p:~97 rat/elf/were-goblin
2p:93 gyp/?/ghoul/forest human
me:87
4p:85elf/gyp/ransacking tritons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Rugolo
msg tools
From those scores, it seems you're playing an interesting way (or I am). Are you only playing with some of the races? It seems that several races came up at least twice. I've only had that happen once and it was on the very last turn of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.