Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Jones
United States
Jupiter
FL - Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After following some ASL threads, I have been recently inspired to learn to play and perhaps plunge into this well loved lifestyle. While I have an idea of what route to take for purchases (ASLSK 1-3; 2nd ed. rules/ Beyond Valor) my real question is: are there any regular games or groups playing on the east coast of FL where I may be able to attend games for learning? Learning to play from veteran players seems to be the consensus, and since I have very few options within my small (primarily Euro) group I would absolutely love to get into ASL this way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Deller
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce,

I'd be surprised if there weren't a few ASL vets near you.

If not, I recommend you drop a note in the VASL chatroom. There's always someone looking for a game.

Cheers,
Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brock
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend you check out the ASL forum at http://forums.gamesquad.com/forumdisplay.php?30-Advanced-Squ..., which has sub-sections devoted to finding opponents and things like that. I know there are some Floridians there, but don't know FL enough to tell you more than that.

Be warned that there are some personalities on that forum who can be highly toxic, with the result that it doesn't always show the ASL hobby in its best light. Please don't think they're typical ASLers, or even that they'd be such jerks if they were sitting across the table from you. In any case, you're not likely to get any grief from them in the "Opponents Wanted" sub-forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.