Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Up Front question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
In my obsessive impulse-buying on eBay, I ended up with a lot that includes a like new copy of the Relative Range anthology for Up Front. I know what it is, but I've never seen it on auction before, so I'm curious about its scarcity/value. Is this a prized find or just some junk?

I haven't decided whether to give Up Front a try, but I'm 90 percent sure I'm going to pass. Before you say it--I know the rules are famously squirrely, but I looked at them and wasn't intimidated. Besides, I don't like being taught the rules. I prefer to learn them myself and teach others.

Speaking of Up Front, is the second edition rarer than the first? Again, because of my obsessive impulse-buying, I ended up with one first edition and one second edition copy of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"...obsessive impulse-buying..."

I can't imagine what you must have just spent on an 'impulse' buy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Banchini c/o SELED
Italy
Faenza
Ravenna
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If you change your mind
Sorry but I cant help you with value/prices/rarity and stuff, I' m more interested in playing UF, than evaluating it, so if you decide to give it a try, let me know. We can play with the Vassal engine. And by the way, why you want to pass trying the game? I think at least you can test it, then if you dont like it (almost impossible ) you can put it aside and treat it like a dust collector collector item. goldencamel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moody
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Relative Range stuff is available for download from the guy's website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
do yourself a favor, try the game.
I have a strong dislike for many wargames, but Up Front really did it for me. I'm still having some difficulty with the rules, but every game gets better and better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.