Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
***Update:
Received my replacement "Darkness Spreads Deck" today and I must say that I'm so impressed by the wonderful customer service.****

Bob

After great anticipation I received my pre-ordered copy of DOTR from "Boards and Bits" Have two problems with the order: My Barbarian minature is damaged (very crooked).
***Edit: Using a suggested hot water/cold water technique, my barbarian is fine.

What is much worse is that my copy only includes 55 darkness spead cards and not 56. I counted several times and made sure the cards were not stuck together.

This is very frustrating since I don't know what card I'm suppose to have that I am missing. Please help!

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My Defenders of the Realm copy has only 55 darkness spread cards+ damaged barbarian!
Hi, Bob! Man, I feel your pain. I've had goofed up copies of games in the past. yuk

Go to Eagle Games' website and let them know what's up. I've had no personal experience with their customer support, but folks on BGG who HAVE come away with a positive report.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Clark
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My Defenders of the Realm copy has only 55 darkness spread cards+ damaged barbarian!
My Barbarian was "mushed" as well, we are talking face down on the ground mushed. The hot water softening/ice water stiffening trick worked very well to restore her to an upright "kick-your-butt" stance.

I love BGG'ers, they are always full of solutions. i would have not thought of the hot water idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb

Unfortunately, there is no water technique to have my missing card magically appear.... I'm going to contact Eagle Games on Monday to see what the easiest replacement solution is.

Wish there was a handy reference so I could figure out which one I am missing. Would then be tempted to give the game a try using some crude substitute technique in the interim.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that Keith,
Fred CS
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb

from FRED Distribution, Inc., will find this thread shortly, and give you all the assistance you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Keith,
Fred CS
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb

from FRED Distribution, Inc., will find this thread shortly, and give you all the assistance you need.

Or the O.P. could contact him, rather than hoping he'll stumble across it while browsing. These missing component issues are always best handled by contacting the publisher. The http://www.eaglegames.net url is right on the back of the box, and there is a 'contact us' link prominently displayed on the front page when you visit that site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Re: My Defenders of the Realm copy has only 55 darkness spread cards
I just used the water technique and my barbarian is fine I'll edit my original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred CS
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb
Hi Bob,

Please send an private e-mail to this BGG account with your mailing address and I will forward it to customer service. I think the most expeditious solution will be to get you a new deck. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I just sent you a private message with my address.

Thanks for your prompt attention. Really appreciate it.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred CS
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb
Certainly, thank you for buying the game, and apologies again for the inconvenience.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.