Subject: behind enemy lines question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eldon Lima Da Silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
already search in faq but now answer there. the card states:
Issue an order to 1 INFANTRY unit. Unit may move up to 3 hexes. Unit may battle with 1
additional die, then move again up to 3 hexes. Terrain movement restrictions are ignored. Terrain battle restrictions still
apply.

Its states unit may battle with 1 additional die but the infantry unit can move 2-3 spaces and battle?
normaly infantry can only atack if move 1 hex, or it can ignore this rule and move 2-3 hex battle and do the other 3 movements?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ekiler wrote:
...it can ignore this rule and move 2-3 hex battle and do the other 3 movements?
That's the way to do it. It gives you the eqivalent of a "hit and run" attack on the enemy.

Regards and welcome to BGG,

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Move up to 3 spaces, attack with +1 dice, then move up to another 3 spaces (including zero).

On both movement segments you can IGNORE normal movement restrictions EXCEPT impassable terrain and hexes, but defensive bonuses still affect the defender, as do attack penalties for you (if appropriate).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
Move up to 3 spaces, attack with +1 dice, then move up to another 3 spaces (including zero).

On both movement segments you can IGNORE normal movement restrictions EXCEPT impassable terrain and hexes, but defensive bonuses still affect the defender, as do attack penalties for you (if appropriate).

that's right

it's an excellent card to give a nearly dead unit one last chance to do some damage and then get the hell to safety

also, when there are exit hexes, it's a fun option to take a (damaged) unit, run over to the enemy, make one attack, and then run off the board, gaining yourself at least that one victory medal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see your Behind Enemy Lines and raise you an AMBUSH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
I see your Behind Enemy Lines and raise you an AMBUSH

there, another lesson learnt! never close assault if you only have 1 figure left and are about to run off with your Behind Enemy Lines card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions like this will not be included in the FAQ because (though it might be a little confusing) the rules for this card are clearly outlined on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
Questions like this will not be included in the FAQ because (though it might be a little confusing) the rules for this card are clearly outlined on the card.

The card is indeed pretty clear - but if English is not your first language then things become confusing pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mjeh wrote:
rasmussen81 wrote:

The card is indeed pretty clear - but if English is not your first language then things become confusing pretty quickly.

I agree, but that's what we're all here on the forum for; to help each other with things that we read wrong or that don't make total sense at first. Sometimes it just takes a new set of eyes or a new perspective to make something clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grigg Lumbermanson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have the original game card set, i remember reading on the card that terrain movements still apply. is this something new or am i just remembering wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Grigg wrote:
i have the original game card set, i remember reading on the card that terrain movements still apply. is this something new or am i just remembering wrong?

There was a misprint on the first run of games. Basically, passable terrain doesn't apply for movement but does for combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grigg Lumbermanson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, i think the misprint makes more sence, i think ill just do as the card says :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.