Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Queena
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some quest cards such as "Dragon Hunter" require the player to "defeat" minions for completion.

Some special cards like "King's Guard Attack," "Calvary Sweep," and "Elven Archers" allow a player to "remove" minions.

Also, Barbarian's "Famed Warrior" special power allows her to "remove" minions from adjacent spaces as a result of fleeing.

We are wondering whether the minions who are "removed" may be counted as "defeated" minions for purposes of completing such quests.

Thanks in advance for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way we play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Are Minions "removed" by Hero Cards or Special Skills (like the Barbarian)counted as "defeated" minions for purposes of completing such quests?

No - Only Minions defeated in combat by the hero may be used for the purpose of fulfilling quests.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Queena
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the official ruling, Richard.

We would like a further point of clarification then about whether minions "defeated" by the special cards Battle Strategy ("Defeat all enemy minions on any 3 locations") and Battle Fury ("Defeat all enemy minions at your current location") count as "defeated" minions for quest-fulfilling purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

Are Minions "removed" by Hero Cards or Special Skills (like the Barbarian)counted as "defeated" minions for purposes of completing such quests?

No - Only Minions defeated in combat by the hero may be used for the purpose of fulfilling quests.

Richard

Richard, have you considered collecting answers like these in an online FAQ or even in a dedicated thread here? It would be a useful resource!

Thanks for being so involved with the game in these early days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
Richard, have you considered collecting answers like these in an online FAQ or even in a dedicated thread here? It would be a useful resource!

Richard has said that he is working on a FAQ - see this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

Richard

Oh. I noticed that some cards say "defeat X minions" and some say "remove", so I assumed that was intentional and each word meant what it said. Eh, I like it my way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We would like a further point of clarification then about whether minions "defeated" by the special cards Battle Strategy ("Defeat all enemy minions on any 3 locations") and Battle Fury ("Defeat all enemy minions at your current location") count as "defeated" minions for quest-fulfilling purposes?

This is a good clarification question and one that I had not considered confusing, but see where it can be. The Defeat All Enemy Minions on any 3 Locations is an action not performed by the player (no action spent, not on the locations, etc...) and therefore the defeated Minions are not claimed for any Quests. The Battle Fury requires the hero to be on the location and spend 1 Action - therefore Minions defeated with the play of this card DO Count toward Quest fulfillment.

Thanks for playing and there will be a formal FAQ posted as soon as I can stop traveling (been on the road since Gencon) and get home to finalize.

In the meantime I hope you are all enjoying the game. Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.