Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read through the rules getting ready for a game tomorrow. It all looks until I get to 6.14

Quote:
Player 2 can expend MPs to move unpinned blocks to reinforce Defending blocks in Contested cities/seas. Blocks can only Respond from adjacent cities/seas.

Does this mean that if Player 1 attacks me in Memphis, the only blocks I can move to it this turn had to start the turn in either Alexandria or Pelusium? Any other blocks I have on the map are simply not allowed to move to Memphis until next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. The bottom line is that blocks moving into battle are only allowed to move one space - whether they are the blocks that initiate the attack or defensive reinforcements.

Don't forget, too, that coastal battles in ports can be reinforced/initiated by ships in immediately adjacent seas. (Since they are one ship "space" away from the port.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fractaloon wrote:
Any other blocks I have on the map are simply not allowed to move to Alexandria until next turn?

Also, I think you mean move to Memphis. Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't sure what this rule meant either. To me it sounds just like the normal movement rules. Or can the defender use his points ONLY to reinforce existing battles?

I interpreted it as being there to tell player 2 that he may reinforce battles, but he also may use his points otherwise. But 6.14 might be misinterpreted i guess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji68 wrote:
I wasn't sure what this rule meant either. To me it sounds just like the normal movement rules.

The rule is just a reminder that the normal movement rules apply not only if you want to start a new battle, but also if you want to add troops to an existing one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:
That is correct. The bottom line is that blocks moving into battle are only allowed to move one space - whether they are the blocks that initiate the attack or defensive reinforcements.

Thanks! I missed that part about attackers only being allowed to attack from one space away. And here I thought I'd done a good job of reading the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danke fürs Klarstellen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.