Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gareth Davies
United Kingdom
Croydon
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For the pas few months I've been attempting to set up a regular meet in or around the Croydon area, with not much luck. I've posted some adverts here and there, without interest. As a result, a lot of my games have gone unplayed (I have at least four which have never been played since I bought them six months ago - BSG and Shadows over Camelot, for example.

Would anyone be interested in forming a club in this area? or Does anyone have any advice on how to go about starting one?

Thanks for the help in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Mellor
United Kingdom
London
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is LondonOnBoard too far in Central London?

Several LoB members live in South London including me; not sure if any are in Croyden though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bestley
England
Croydon
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
There are a few LoB members in Croydon including me. (and several of is have played BSG)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Davies
United Kingdom
Croydon
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry guys, what's London on Board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bestley
England
Croydon
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
London on Board is a meetup group that plays games http://www.meetup.com/LondonOnBoard/

Alternate Tue/wed in the city and a couple of Sundays a month (including today) opposite St James' Park station
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Davies
United Kingdom
Croydon
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cheers Mark. Looked it up and, as I'm at a loose end today, I think I'll probably head along. Do you need an invite?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bestley
England
Croydon
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
No just turn up. We are not overflowing yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to meeting you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in a Croydon Club for a mid-week night. I play infrequently at SWIGGERS on a Wed night as it has half way to London Bridge Station from my office but would much prefer a local club. Tuesday night best, Monday possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Thorold
United Kingdom
Croydon
flag msg tools
badge
Player
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in a croydon club too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should like to suggest that the Croydon On Board club should hold an inaugural meeting at the Upper Floor of the All Bar One pub (10 Park Lane, Croydon CR0 1JA) at 7pm on Tuesday 05 October with a view to holding a monthly meeting each first Tuesday of the month. A more regular meeting might be arranged if demand is sufficient.

How much interest is there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have sent PMs to eleven other BGG members who are local so we ought to get at least one table operating.

Please:
(1) Post a response here
(2) Try and make this night as it will enable everyone to discuss the future - time, dates, venue
(3) Look in here shortly before that day in case of developments

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H J

London
msg tools
badge
mb
Just a small point, but is this an official off-shoot of LOB? It's just that the COB name makes it sound like it is. Maybe come up with a different name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rose
United Kingdom
New Malden
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chris

ref previous email exchange - just found forum - shall use this in future.
I also have Close Action - don't know if there are any napoleonic naval gamers out there, only just got it but its supposed to be very good mullti-player.

Regards
Keith

PS: for other forum viewers I'm mainly a wargame man but am happy to try out other games. I have Britannia, RAF, Last Victory (Winter storm series), Panzerkrieg & the a.m. Close Action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keithrose wrote:

I also have Close Action - don't know if there are any napoleonic naval gamers out there, only just got it but its supposed to be very good mullti-player.

Well I am ex-Royal Navy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rose
United Kingdom
New Malden
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent - should know your flying jib from your spanker then! - are you a Patrick O'Brian reader by any chance??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keithrose wrote:
Excellent - should know your flying jib from your spanker then! - are you a Patrick O'Brian reader by any chance??

Not very much - I read very little fiction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys - just a reminder to reserve Tue 05 October to come to Croydon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke with the manager today. We will have space at the 'back' of the pub marked for Croydon on Board.

See you at 7pm - Tue 05 Oct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys

Sorry to any who came and did not find us at the back.

Mark and I met up and had a copy of TICKET TO RIDE on the table. We were not satisfied that the venue would do so after a couple of drinks and waiting an hour we went to look for an alternative venue. Hence the next meeting will be at another location close by.

Next meeting at the:
Spread Eagle, 39, High Street, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 1NX
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=CR0+1NX&spn=0.005,0.02&hl=en
At the junction of the High St and Katherine St
Time 7pm
Date Tue 02 Nov 10
We will use upstairs if it is not booked, which it rarely is on Tuesday evenings, otherwise we will be downstairs. Mark is going to bring Dominion so we are going to be there several hours. I do hope you will join us.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, Croydon, town of my youth, it's been awhile. I used to (when I still lived there) be part of a roleplaying group that met in a pub in the town centre every Wednesday evening. We used to play upstairs in the Dog & Bull on Surrey Street, or out back in the beer garden when the weather was good. You might like to check it out as a possible venue, although the management seemed to change hands on a regular basis back then (I moved out of Croydon in 2003) so I have no idea who might run the place now.

Good times. I played in an awesome Lot5R campaign when I went there. I still really miss Croydon sometimes. And now I have an urge to go and get pissed in The Ship. Damn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Nemo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DreadFuzzy wrote:
Ah, Croydon, town of my youth, it's been awhile. I used to (when I still lived there) be part of a roleplaying group that met in a pub in the town centre every Wednesday evening. We used to play upstairs in the Dog & Bull on Surrey Street, or out back in the beer garden when the weather was good. You might like to check it out as a possible venue, although the management seemed to change hands on a regular basis back then (I moved out of Croydon in 2003) so I have no idea who might run the place now.

Good times. I played in an awesome Lot5R campaign when I went there. I still really miss Croydon sometimes. And now I have an urge to go and get pissed in The Ship. Damn.

Interesting information; much appreciated. I take it that group is now defunct.

Ship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've never been to The Ship? It's a pub on the High Street very near the NHS Walk-In Centre. Pretty much a rock/metal place, or at least it sued to be. It was either there or down The Cartoon for me back in the day. Of course The Cartoon closed back at the end of 2006. A real shame, our after wedding party was there, they booked in a Chili Peppers tribute band for us.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the group! As far as I know the group is defunct now, although some of the people are certainly still around (I bumped into them last time I was down to visit my parents). Dog & Bull on Surrey Street, check it out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacco Versteeg
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HatchetJob wrote:
Just a small point, but is this an official off-shoot of LOB?

Nope.

Then again, I haven't got any exclusive rights on the name, so people can do what they like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a very brief window of opportunity this week for some gaming - staying in Croyden but working near London Bridge Station.

Anything going on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.