Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am following the progress of games published by Cambridge Games Factory (for obvious reasons).

Glory to Rome has just been reprinted, and I want to see the ratings and (more importantly) comments from the game's newest players. However, since GtR already has 776 comments spotting the most recent ones is nigh on impossible.

If ratings and comments could be sorted by submission date, this would be a big help, and I'm sure not just to me. Any popular game with lots of existing comments may be published in a new edition, and the newest comments (which would be most likely about the newest edition) would be lost among the older ones.

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before. I did some searching and found requests for average ratings based on the most recent ratings, but couldn't see anything about recent comments.

Wakefield
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
West Union
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed that that would be a nice feature to have, but since they rarely seem to add such useful features, you can use the XML interface to pull all the currently available comments, and then periodically grab a new set and difference the sets to find new/changed comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
They do listen though - this is in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
FYI, this has been suggested several times. Aldie's post in this first thread is the first time an admin has ever acknowledged the request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Dave,

What's the purpose of that kinda comment? Honestly, it serves to do nothing 'cept undermine Aldie's morale, which I can assure you isn't something you should want if you use this site regularly... (and apparently you do use it regularly since 2002)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
derk wrote:
What's the purpose of that kinda comment?

In the context of this thread, probably nothing. Given that I have watched this request pop up several times - once with heavy user support - without once being acknowledged (e.g., Is this something you wanted to add or not? Was it not as easy to implement as it seemed?), I think you would forgive me a bit of shock & awe. From my PoV, not having it acknowledged as such for so long as had a non-zero effect on my morale. You care about me too, right?

FWIW, note that I stated it factually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And now, sorting comments by date is possible:

Collection sorting by date

Thanks Dan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.