Popular Tags: [View All]
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll start:

Including expansions, I have played 110 out of 160 games (2 of the games I list are pre-order):

Percentage = 68.9%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
I don't track expansions, but for the 309 games in my collection:

* I've played 100% of them at least twice.
* I've played 80% of them at least five times.
* I've played 51% of them at least ten times.

(All since I started recording the data; the number I've played 5+ and 10+ times would be slightly higher if I had a record of the plays prior to 1996.)

I decided two years ago that I wanted to keep up with my acquisitions, and I have. I decided last year that I wanted to get in a timely second play as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
198/384, 51%, which isn't too horrible by my standards. It was pitifully low before I sold most of my collection off--in the teens.

Now, what percentage of my copies of these games have I played on? Don't even want to think about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxfield Stewart
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see I own about 136 games so far and I'd say over the past 12 years I've played about 60 of them, 66 or so if you count the ones I own but have not played my own copy. So I'm not even batting %50 yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2018
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Including expansions, I have played 153 out of 155:

Percentage = 98.7%

EDIT: And, since it seems common to own games that people have only played someone else's copy, I'll note here that I have played my own copy of those 153 games. Some of my games show no plays (e.g. Guesstures, Chess) but that is just because I haven't played them since Jan 2007 when I started recording plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
100%. I acquire games slowly, and only when I really think that I can get them on the table. Some of them have only been played a few times, but they've all had a fair shot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Pour Away,Mein Host
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Using a very liberal scoring method, meaning that I'm counting games I've gotten to the table, read the rules, and at least partially played - I'm at 48%. If I count only those actually played start to finish, it's lower than 20%. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been aggressively "Improving" my collection (dumping games I won't play often, buying much more carefully, although still willing to take risks, just not as many). By my count I've played 173/177 games (not counting expansions). So about 98%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wanted to happily claim 100%, but then I remembered I own Risk. Damn it, Risk. Bought it on my college meal plan leftover money so it wouldn't be wasted, but never played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cristofani
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not counting expansions: 67/76 or 88%. I have played my current copy of all but maybe two of those. The nine I haven't played were mostly acquired more or less accidentally, as gifts or part of a multi-game math trade item. (Actually, thinking about it, there are another couple of those I never bothered to list as "owned".) The exception is Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers, which I traded vanilla Carcassonne for, but have not been terribly motivated to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
165 of 208 = 79%

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Martin
Canada
Torbay
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played 84.21% of my games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played all of them. I see no point in owning a game and never playing it. At most I'll own a game a few weeks before getting to play it....if I'm not going to get it to the table at least once within the first few weeks after purchase I simply won't buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
97% -- I had played pretty much everything, and then a recent acquisition of a bunch of Cheapass games means I have new unplayed games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deano Ware
United States
Farmington Hills
Mi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if I include games I demoed prior to purchasing and games I played when I was younger and then bought again recently. I would say 50%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stanton
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
90%
Picked up a few games via thrifting over the past few months & hadn't got around to playing them all. So last week was 1 or 2 unplayed games each night with the wife..
Of the unplayed few, I'm waiting for the right group- 1 was picked up deliberately for her non-gaming friends & 2 will have to wait for the next get-together with the brother in law & 2 nephews (they've been out in South Africa for the last month)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Byington
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8/26 - 31%

Looks worse than it is as over half of my collection is in the mail. Pretty new to the whole hobby.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Martin
Canada
Torbay
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
14/19, 74% with expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curran
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
265/326 =81%

How geek that I know this shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
73/80 (91%). However, if you exclude games that were gifted or obtained some 10-20 years ago, I'm at 73/75, which is a healthy 97%. The two unplayed ones are recent acquisitions that have not yet gotten to the table but will soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bame
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100%

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Carter
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
100% I do not buy it till I have played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
118/121 = 97.5%. The games I own that I haven't played number 3 - 2 of which I bought just to get the parts for prototypes and the third I traded for and can't seem to get to the table. That probably tells me it will go on the trade pile itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
100%! And at least twice each one.
At least until Tuesday when I get the games I ordered (have to buy games every time I get to travel!)

Granted, not that big of a collection (around 25), but I started playing less than 2 years ago, and living in Argentina, getting your hands on a good board game can be quite a challenge! Luckily I've been traveling often and managed to get quite a few games

Just to add something curious, opposite to a lot of people (and probably opposite to common sense as well ), I've never played a game before I bought it!
Haven't been disappointed so far with the choices I've made, hope it stays that way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of a collection that numbers 268 games (give or take a few) including expansions, I've played 160 of them at least once, for a percentage of nearly 60% (59.7%). Actually better than I expected, but then lately I've both made it a point to:
a) try out games I haven't yet played, and
b) slow down on my purchases of new games.

I'm quite certain my percentage is higher now than it was two or three years ago, and I expect it to continue to climb. I'm just not buying that many new games these days - I've got plenty to last me for a long, long time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.