Popular Tags: [View All]
David Johnson
United States
Milledgeville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I just recently moved to Wichita Falls, Texas, and I love playing games. Are there any game groups in the area? I've got a few on my shelf, including Puerto Rico, Princes of Florence, Ticket to Ride, Race for the Galaxy, Alhambra, Memoir '44, Twilight Imperium. I enjoy most everything on the BGG Top 100 list.

I'm also an expert in duplicate bridge, and am on the lookout for a regular bridge partner.

Please give me a holler!

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will is the winner!
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Whats up,
Ive been known to play some Table tops every now and then. Titan, Rail Barron, Ticket to Ride, Euro Rails, Settlers of Catan, Robo Rally.......the only cards that most of us play is Hold'em.....I dont know to many other players as far as TTG or even CCG around here....ive only been here for about 6 months myself.....

Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help you on the bridge front but am very much looking for some other folks to play with. I have a few Euros (Ticket to Ride, Settlers, Carcassonne) as well as war games (East Front, Barbarossa to Berlin, Washington's War, Axis & Allies) and Twilight Struggle but would be willing to play just about anything.

Also, have you tried the folks at Galaxy Comics? They might be aware of a gaming group in town.

I'm curious...since both of you guys just moved here are either of you in the Air Force or did work bring you here?

Jim J.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do end up finding a group there I'd love to know about it. I'm actually up in Lawton, OK, but have found no groups here so mainly play with family.

I play a wide variety (Twilight Imperium, Power Grid, Agricola, 1960, Galaxy Trucker, Robo Rally, Thurns and Taxis etc....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean E
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey Dave (and other Wichita Falls wargamers)

I've just been getting into Tide of Iron and have been itching to find people to play with. I'd love to get in contact with anyone that wants to play Tides of Iron or another historical strategy game. Send me a message and let's see if we can work something out.

(I didn't sound like I was begging too bad for someone to play ToI with me did I? ;o)

-Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean E
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey! Also if you run into this article, check out the Wichita Falls, TX group on the HMGS online page.

http://hmgsonline.ning.com/group/wichita-falls-wargaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lugenia Zotz
United States
Windthorst
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey, If anyone is wanting/needing a gamer. I love fantasy games and I enjoy euros and ameris all the same. PM me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lugenia Zotz
United States
Windthorst
Texas
flag msg tools
Yoren wrote:
If you do end up finding a group there I'd love to know about it. I'm actually up in Lawton, OK, but have found no groups here so mainly play with family.

I play a wide variety (Twilight Imperium, Power Grid, Agricola, 1960, Galaxy Trucker, Robo Rally, Thurns and Taxis etc....)

This may not help but, there is a pretty good following of Heroscapers in Lawton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is old, but I just moved to town and would love to get into a regular board gaming group. Contact me if you have room or would like to play I don't really do miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan G
msg tools
I just move to Wichita Falls as well and would like to look into the possibility of getting together to play a few board games. I have developed a few of my own and wouldn't mind play testers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rapp
United States
Ferndale
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I actually just arrived in Wichita Falls last week and am always interested in board gaming. Geekopolis by the mall has a weekly Saturday board game starting at 5, it's a pretty small group but not bad.

I am just on Sheppard for about 4 months, but would not mind trying to start a larger monthly event at the local library or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Cook
msg tools
The three game stores in town pretty much support Magic and Warhammer. Would love to see an open game group in town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
desaree wrote:
The three game stores in town pretty much support Magic and Warhammer. Would love to see an open game group in town.

Geekopolis has board gaming and nothing but board gaming 4pm to close on Saturdays. I keep meaning to check it out, but it's hard to give up a Saturday night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rapp
United States
Ferndale
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree, I wouldn't mind starting something for a weekday night, preferably wednesday. Even a small group in a public place could gain interest or momentum. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JRappture wrote:
Agree, I wouldn't mind starting something for a weekday night, preferably wednesday. Even a small group in a public place could gain interest or momentum. Any thoughts?

I've met at Geekopolis with friends a couple times on a Thursday, but since they close at 8, it's not ideal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rapp
United States
Ferndale
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very true, the only option if you wanted to game publicly past 9 would be a restaurant or quiet pub. Pubs work very well back in my hometown, as long as they have good enough lighting and tables. I have yet to enter and establishments in town, so cannot vouch for any. But if any are nice it has my vote. Let's start something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JRappture wrote:
Very true, the only option if you wanted to game publicly past 9 would be a restaurant or quiet pub. Pubs work very well back in my hometown, as long as they have good enough lighting and tables. I have yet to enter and establishments in town, so cannot vouch for any. But if any are nice it has my vote. Let's start something.

I haven't been in any pubs here either because I don't drink anymore. I've eaten at most of the restaurants though. An order-at-the-front place would be good, and Jason's Deli is probably the largest place that fits into that category, and they're open until 10 every night. They have a large back room as well that I think is open unless it's reserved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rapp
United States
Ferndale
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came back from home in MI and brought back some games, but then I just found out my usual gaming outlet Geekopolis is closing down. Very much looking to find another group.

GilgaTex do you either have room in a group or are willing to start one with me? Jasons would work for starting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JRappture wrote:
I just came back from home in MI and brought back some games, but then I just found out my usual gaming outlet Geekopolis is closing down. Very much looking to find another group.

GilgaTex do you either have room in a group or are willing to start one with me? Jasons would work for starting.

Right now I just occasionally run a game night through the Wichita Falls Social Meetup on meetup.com (very occasionally).

Although I might be able to start something up at the country club. My wife and I just joined and I can use their rooms and tables for free for private events. Downside would be a strict dress code and no outside food or drink, but free coffee and tea.

But having a private room with no closing time would be a huge upside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rapp
United States
Ferndale
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I am actually in that group. I would like to talk to you about it. I actually spent 7 months in Georgia and started a meetup from scratch and it grew to over 400+ members before I left.( now over 1400 people) I think with a bit of revamping(such as a more inclusive name and friendly nooB welcoming intro) if we get a location down and draw in some curious people it could gain some momentum.

Thoughts?

I have time to assist if you would like me to be a sub organizer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JRappture wrote:
Oh I am actually in that group. I would like to talk to you about it. I actually spent 7 months in Georgia and started a meetup from scratch and it grew to over 400+ members before I left.( now over 1400 people) I think with a bit of revamping(such as a more inclusive name and friendly nooB welcoming intro) if we get a location down and draw in some curious people it could gain some momentum.

Thoughts?

I have time to assist if you would like me to be a sub organizer

Well... I don't really want an all-inclusive mega-group. We can talk about that more in private.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the new group is up: http://www.meetup.com/Wichita-Falls-Board-Gaming-Club/

Open to anyone reading this! Once I speak with the event coordinator at the club I'll have some meetups scheduled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything squared away with the Country Club. Come join me every Wednesday night!

http://www.meetup.com/Wichita-Falls-Board-Gaming-Club

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coel Williams
United States
Wichita Falls
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Wichita Falls been here a out 6 years now. I run a local group (pretty small at the moment about 5 regulars) at one time it was about 10 regulars but we ended up taking a month break and it fell apart. Any of you play X-Wing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Metallicelica wrote:
I'm in Wichita Falls been here a out 6 years now. I run a local group (pretty small at the moment about 5 regulars) at one time it was about 10 regulars but we ended up taking a month break and it fell apart. Any of you play X-Wing?

I don't, but I'm always up for trying something new.

The Wedneday night group is going strong, we get around 8-13 people every week (see meetup.com link above; please RSVP so I know to expect you). This week we played Castles of Burgundy, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, and Lords of Waterdeep + expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.