Subject: Chaos and Frenzy on the streets of London! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jackie Billings

Brattleboro
Vermont
msg tools
mbmbmb
This session report chronicles our search for the insidious Mr. X at Zomegalomecon oh-ten-point-five. Players included:

Nicholas Theberge
United States
E Setauket
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

as the insidious Mr. X

Justin Dowd
United States
Amherst
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

as the sharp-as-tacks Inspector Black, whose search for Mr. X has spanned his entire career...

Amanda Manley
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools

as the beautiful, but tragic Inspector Blue, torn between her love of Mr. X, and her love of Justice...

Dan Squires
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
The situation IS getting gratch
badge
Useless, useless, heavy rain, driving into the sea
mbmbmbmbmb

as the street-smart Inspector Green, whose insights into the criminal mind sometimes cause suspicion...

and
Jackie Billings

Brattleboro
Vermont
msg tools
mbmbmb

myself, as the prim and uptight Inspector Red, whose righteous lifestyle cannot be maintained indefinitely...

Mr. X first surfaces at 157. Jackie and Dan swoop in but he moves twice with a black ticket. Did he take the ferry? Or did he use the black ticket to throw us off the scent? Much speculation ensues, but we're all pretty sure that taking the ferry isn't Berg's style. We spread out nevertheless, in hopes that someone will be close enough to swoop in for the arrest in the second round.

Mr. X pops up again at 188. No one is surprised (he didn't take the ferry... shocking), but no one is near him either...

Oh no! He's at 157! He could go anywhere (again)! What do we do? Who was supposed to be covering that square?! (It was Justin) "What do you want me to do," Mr. X cries. "You want me to expose my junk? I'm into that..." No. That's not what we wanted him to do at all.

The nefarious criminal reveals himself at 170. I hadn't thought that he'd left the island... not everyone was so sure, and as a result of our disagreement, we are too spread out. We block him off from the ferry, but we fear that we are too late.

Mr. X wins at square 91. Stupid Mr. X. We are all dejected.

BUT WAIT! Upon revealing Mr. X's move sequence, we find that Mr. X's tablet contains an illegal move! Just like a criminal to cheat! Mr. X actually loses. Justice has been done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun session report, especially the excellent pictures.

I know different versions of the game have slightly different rules, but my version indicates to use 5 detectives regardless of the number of players. I'd imagine it would be considerably more difficult with only 4 detectives.

I sure do like the style of pawns in the version pictured above a lot better than the ones I have though. Anyone know where I can get some?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Squires
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
The situation IS getting gratch
badge
Useless, useless, heavy rain, driving into the sea
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff Jackie! Glad to see some ZCON reportage trickling in finally. Thanks for posting it!

downstream wrote:
Fun session report, especially the excellent pictures.

Glad you like the photos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Theberge
United States
E Setauket
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

BUT WAIT! Upon revealing Mr. X's move sequence, we find that Mr. X's tablet contains an illegal move! Just like a criminal to cheat! Mr. X actually loses. Justice has been done.

NOTE: It was not an illegal move. It was that I started on a spot 1 adjacent to the one for the tile I drew. This is an important distinction I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.