Popular Tags: [View All]
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that the FFG Event Center lists AGoT LCG on their calendar for Thursday nights. Are any of you playing there?

Would any of you be willing to teach a newbie who doesn't yet own any of the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Vance
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This request deserves a bump!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you play? I found a group that plays in Cambridge at The Gamers Den.

I'm heading up there next Tuesday to check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just moved to St. Paul. I'll probably be at the event center Thursday... it is just around the corner from my new job.

I'd be happy to teach you how to play. Do you have your own cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are headed to the FFGEC, please post here too:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...
(That's not my thread, but he has been looking players.)

A critical mass of players should not be super hard to get, but it's going to take an effort by someone to get things rolling.

Damon: I own a base set, but I have never played. I'm planning to try it for the first time this Tuesday. Thursday as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dormouse wrote:
I just moved to St. Paul. I'll probably be at the event center Thursday... it is just around the corner from my new job.

This makes a lot more sense now than it did when you posted it. Thanks for the game and the lesson on why the Targaryen's like it hot.

To update everyone else, there were four AGoT players at the event center tonight. We played some 1-on-1 and then then finished the evening with a 4-player melee.

I had a great time, and I'm now kicking myself for only having started with this game on Tuesday. I should have been playing this for years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lol. It does doesn't it. Keep it under your hat.

And yes James you should have been playing this game for years. You are an excellent player, have a good deck, and a good grasp of the fundamentals of the game. I am going to have to watch out for you. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update

We've been playing nearly every Thursday night since I first posted. (One week was skipped because everyone was busy / out-of-town.)

Usually the early arrivals joust each other, and then a melee breaks out at some point. I'm easily the least experienced player, having only ~22 games under my belt now, but everyone is very cool and willing to explain what's going on. In other words, the group is quite newbie-friendly, but has experienced players that will test your true strength.

Even if you own zero cards and just want to give the game a shot, that's OK. I and others will happily teach this to anyone who asks. (Taught 1 new person last night, and prior to last Saturday's matches someone was getting an introduction.)

There's also a semi-regular Saturday group, which I can put you in touch with if you contact me. The goal is to reach a critical mass where a league can form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.