Subject: It's here rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of King Philip's War was waiting for me when I got home! Looks great...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell me more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Rastapopoulos
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear! I'm trying very hard to be patient until my copy arrives. I wonder if they are billing/shipping to individuals in the same order that the games were pre-ordered...

wifwendell wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:

Clearly you are confused Wendell. You must have been overcome by the new game smell. That is my copy, please feel free to stop on by SNEW and deliver it in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottH wrote:
Tell me more!

Well - the map is beautiful, though Newport (RI) is NOT on it, instead that johnny-come-lately Portsmouth is!

Two nice full-color player aids. One MMP-standard countersheet (176), look like 5/8", also attractive.

And three dice, one of which is a KPW-specific "event dice" with six different events on it, for special flavor!

Rules are very attractive, physically remind me of other MMP/IGS games like Warriors of God or A Most Dangerous Time.

I probably won't play this for a bit, though. Still solo'ing A Most Dangerous Time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tamburlain wrote:
Good to hear! I'm trying very hard to be patient until my copy arrives. I wonder if they are billing/shipping to individuals in the same order that the games were pre-ordered...

wifwendell wrote:

Not sure. I pre-ordered in October 2009, if that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Rastapopoulos
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Tamburlain wrote:

wifwendell wrote:

That could be it. I didn't pre-order mine until June '10.

Are the dice well-made with some heft to them, and not too light?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tamburlain wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Tamburlain wrote:

wifwendell wrote:

That could be it. I didn't pre-order mine until June '10.

Are the dice well-made with some heft to them, and not too light?

The event die is 5/8" and feels fine; there will be a photo of it in the KPW gallery soon, if modders approve. The other two dice are smaller but feel decent to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't Panic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spizio wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

Clearly you are confused Wendell. You must have been overcome by the new game smell. That is my copy, please feel free to stop on by SNEW and deliver it in person.

Scott, clearly you are to one confused since that is my copy he has.

wifwendell wrote:
ScottH wrote:
Tell me more!

Well - the map is beautiful, though Newport (RI) is NOT on it, instead that johnny-come-lately Portsmouth is!

Hold it there buster, that is my home town your are disrespecting with this nonsense that Portsmouth is a johnny-come-lately. I just want to point out that Newport is the new kid on the block around here on Aquidneck Island. It was founded in 1639 and while the more venerable Portsmouth was founded in 1638.

Now send me my copy of King Philip's War. You obviously do not deserve it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazyyog wrote:
Hold it there buster, that is my home town your are disrespecting with this nonsense that Portsmouth is a johnny-come-lately. I just want to point out that Newport is the new kid on the block around here on Aquidneck Island. It was founded in 1639 and while the more venerable Portsmouth was founded in 1638.

Now send me my copy of King Philip's War. You obviously do not deserve it!

Ooops, got my facts wrong! But I'll hold on to KPW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in favor of anything that gets King Philip's War to SNEW. Anything that gets Wendell back to SNEW also gets my personal seal of approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip was briefly at my house, that is until the UPS guy decided to take him away because there wasn't anyone to sign for him. cry Of course I won't be at SNEW this month, but I will have Philip tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spizio wrote:
Philip was briefly at my house, that is until the UPS guy decided to take him away because there wasn't anyone to sign for him. cry Of course I won't be at SNEW this month, but I will have Philip tomorrow.

He must have brought to my house and left it for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazyyog wrote:
spizio wrote:

He must have brought to my house and left it for me.

Nope turns out he is here after all. Praise be to packing material! The box he arrived in was badly mangled but the contents were safe. I also got a postcard game, Rattenkreig, Ah the war of the rat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Important -- MMP just revised their website and you can now see the details on your preorder. I needed to import all of my preorders and discovered that my King Philip's War preorder (and Kingdom of Heaven) were on an expired credit card. I likely would have had a significant delay while MMP contacted me and got new details. It is worth your time to go to the web site and set up your account. This will ensure your preorders will actually occur.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Rastapopoulos
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Site seems to be down at the moment, unfortunately. When they finally get the last wrinkles ironed out, it's going to be a much better resource than before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Sergerie
Canada
La Prairie
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd liked to hear why games that were put on pre-order 3 years ago (Tide at Sunrise, Kingdom of Heaven), that were supposed to have reached their goal, have not been shipped yet while this game that was just added later was?? I pre-ordered Tide at Sunrise in November 2007...

Also, why doesn't this game show on the MMP website and why no update to say that King Philip's War will be shipping shortly? That way, people that were still on the fence, might make a compulsive purchase.

Their whole 500 pre-order is silly... I'm tempted to cancel my other pre-orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

King Philip's War got more than a bit of free publicity and I think MMP pushed it into production because of that. That's just speculation, but I don't see any other reason for it to have occurred. I think I would have done the same had I been at the wheel.

KPW is indeed on the website but not in any category. I had to do a search to find it. The search is still buggy as well. It indicates the game is sold out and I just had to update my credit card expiry on this one. I'm hoping that "sold out" doesn't apply to the two copies I ordered on the old card.

The site will definitely be better than the previous one, but it still has some bugs to iron out. My primary concern is that it needs better (and more) promotional copy. The new colors and fonts are nice, but content sells in this part of the hobby.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Rastapopoulos
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just was notified that I've been successfully charged for KPW. Good news for me and anyone else who pre-ordered relatively late in the cycle. But will it arrive in time to be played over the weekend??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Squires
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
The situation IS getting gratch
badge
Useless, useless, heavy rain, driving into the sea
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

Important -- MMP just revised their website and you can now see the details on your preorder. ... It is worth your time to go to the web site and set up your account. This will ensure your preorders will actually occur.

S.

Thanks for the headsup on this! It's the first I've heard about it. I ended up having to add the CVV# from my credit card. Everyone waiting on an order should go check to see that the CVV# isn't blank in their customer details.

At the very least, MMP really should have sent an email to everyone who had open preorders on the last site to alert them about the new site and its implications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your support and your patience as MMP transitions to its new website. Phillipe, free publicity was indeed the reason for an early release of KING PHILIP'S WAR. No one expected the spurt of newspaper articles, the protest AND ultimately the AP article. In the end I was told that even though the prepub site didn't reflect it, preorders - particularly distributor orders did indeed put it over the top. Hope that helps you to understand its release ... believe me. I was as surprised as you!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Pariseau
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John, congratulations. You've designed an elegant, evocative game, and you've also spread some awareness of an obscure but consequential conflict

I'm really pleased to have another crack at this. Playing an earlier version left me wanting more time with it, and I see some intriguing changes. Those look like they'll make it that much more replayable and challenging.

MMP usually removes games from it's webshop while preorders are shipping - KPW should be back and available in short order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading about the problems here, I thought I better check on my pre-order too. I tried to find my account on MMP and could not. I emailed MMP yesterday. I received a generic email today that mentioned trouble with pre-orders, in part:
Quote:
Another common issue is one or two missing preorders when importing them. Remember, on the old system if you put in preorders at different times you may have spelled your name differently, added a middle initial, moved and never updated them, etc. This is one of the big reasons we're asking you to register and get your preorders tied to a common user id. If you are really missing something drop me a line (reply to this email) and we'll try to figure it out. We have a lot of email to get through, though, so this may take some time.

I replied to that, since it requested that I do so, and outlined my email of yesterday. I'm hoping my pre-order isn't entirely lost. I was so looking forward to trying this game.

o0dano0o wrote:
Sagrilarus wrote:

Important -- MMP just revised their website and you can now see the details on your preorder. ... It is worth your time to go to the web site and set up your account. This will ensure your preorders will actually occur.

Thanks for the headsup on this! It's the first I've heard about it. I ended up having to add the CVV# from my credit card. Everyone waiting on an order should go check to see that the CVV# isn't blank in their customer details.

At the very least, MMP really should have sent an email to everyone who had open preorders on the last site to alert them about the new site and its implications.

The email I quoted from above did reference another earlier email. It appears I'm not the only one who didn't receive it.

If it weren't for being a BGG user, and being aware of this thread, I'd've had no idea there were any problems.

Thank you BGG users!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

All of my information is coming from this thread on Fortress: Ameritrash --> http://fortressat.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=712... and it has been more useful than what I've found here. A complete copy of that boiler-plate email is included in the thread.

Had Jur not started that thread on F:At I would have cruised on through expecting KPW to show up sometime in the coming two weeks. It wouldn't have, because my credit card had expired. I have gone to the site and updated my account and imported my preorders. The result of those actions has been very quiet -- I have received no email in return for any of that, and it appears from their letter that that part of their service is not functioning correctly. My account does look correct on the site. I very much recommend that anyone with MMP preorders take the time to review their account and their email to ensure that MMP has replied to your changes.

Web Site go-live days can be brutal. I'm in the business and know what they're going through -- I can envision the bug list. The best thing each of us can do is give them clear feedback about what's worked correctly and what's been overlooked. I'm pretty sure they want to sell us the games, we just may need to help them over the hump to make that happen.

S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.