Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: New Game Entries Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted my first game to the geek a few days ago along with some pictures of other games. The pics have since been accepted and posted to the site, but I haven't seen the new game anywhere. I'm a little antsy to get it up because I've got several pictures of it as well and I need all the geek gold I can get (no avatar makes Chad a dull user). I also harbor the small hope that someone will see it and want to trade something for the rare beauty.

For those of you who may have a little more of a, shall we say, "senior status" than I, does it usually take longer for game submissions to go through? Or should I start worrying about my submission being lost in cyberspace? Several batches of new games have shown up since my submission. Am I just inpatient?blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I believe pictures and games are in separate queues, and are separated by necessity. All that is required for picture approval is to gauge whether it is appropriate, legit, and necessary (e.g. we don't need 30 pictures of one game board). As for games, the same criteria apply, but the admins also check over the content for legitimacy, and whether it is a duplicate of previous materal (e.g. I was going to add the game Counterpoint to the database a couple of days ago, until I did a little searching and found that Counter Point is another version of Quaro and that it was already in the database)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Also, patience is a virtue. BGG admins have a lot of material presented to them on a daily basis... sometimes it can take a week or two for submitted content to be approved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Also, patience is a virtue. BGG admins have a lot of material presented to them on a daily basis... sometimes it can take a week or two for submitted content to be approved.

As I've been keeping track of the new games that are showing up, it's been extremely surprising to me just how many games there are! It must be tough to slog through all of them.

It's good to hear that I was being paranoid over nothing. I'll continue to wait, with bated breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It looks like the current picture backlog is 2 to 3 days, and the new game entry backlog is 2 to 3 weeks.

When the pictures I submitted two days ago get approved, I get my avatar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucky! (No Napolean Dynamite emoticon)shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.