Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Rubberbanded Card Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shannon Appelcline
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing that's worked well for me is my "filler rubberband pack" that I usually carry to my RPG group.

It includes a bunch of cardgames: Category 5, Geschenkt, Coloretto, King's Breakfast, Gargon, and Mu. Two rubber bands keep everything together, and keep some of those boxes from opening up.

Put them together and you've got practically infinite hours of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
This weekend, I finally got around to counting out 55 chips left over from a surplus purchase and banded them to my copy of 6 Nimmt!, so that I could try out Geschenkt. Now I just need to convince my group to play it....

Hey, I had success with Clocktowers last week. Maybe my luck will hold out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Rubber bands are bad, particularly if you leave it in a warm vehicle... but even without, they can begin to dig into and 'mark' the top.bottom cards on the stack and leave an edge mark on the rest.

StarFrit Lock-n-Lock containers are my new cardgame groupers/carriers of choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Appelcline
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually rubberband the boxes, not the cards, and I'm OK if my boxes end up a little marked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
D'oh. Missed that.

In any case, I still recommend nice watertight plastic storage. In case of drops and spills and such, an elastic won't do much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.