Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Penguicon 3.0 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Penguicon, now in its third year, is a convention that combines the best of gaming, sci-fi, fen and open source programming into one big event. It runs from April 22-24, 2005 in Novi, Michigan.

If anyone would like to run games (any and all types) at Penguicon 3.0, the schedule is still wide open for our 24-hour game room. Last year there were board games, card games, miniatures, collectible card games, war games, role playing games, party games and dexterity games all on the schedule, as well as tons of open gaming all day and all night. This year we have almost three times the gaming space as we had last year and plan to add a prototype play testing track. There will also be computer / arcade gaming in another area.

Please e-mail me at gaming@penguicon.org with the games and times you'd like to run them using the following rough guidelines:

Event Title (ex: Crokinole)
Facilitator Names (ex: Clark Rodeffer)
Range of Players (ex: 2 or 4 players)
Timing (ex: Friday, 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm)
Descriptive Blurb (ex: This traditional dexterity game from southern Ontario takes the rough and tumble schoolyard game of marbles and makes it more respectable, more polite, more ... Canadian. No experience necessary.)

Once you've sent me what you want to run, go to the Penguicon web site (www.penguicon.org) to pre-register. If you get at least three hours of games on the schedule with me first, I may be able to get you on a list for a discount on your convention pre-registration. I hope to see you there!

Clark Rodeffer
Penguicon 3.0 Gaming Chair
Roly-Poly Tablehammer Shuffleball Pope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb

I hope your penguincon gaming goes better than our linucon gaming went last year. As we here in Austin only learned so well that indeed linux and gaming are mutually exclusive.

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Whitcher
United States
Manchester
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year the game room was overflowing during the day and had players in them all night. It’s good they have tripled the space.

I don’t know what Austin is like but in this part of Michigan you can’t throw a monkey without hitting a gamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As David said, last year the gaming hall was rocking around the clock. I think one of the key things that made the difference was having a few gaming nifty guests who were willing to sit in and play a few games along with the con attendees. This year, we also have a gaming guest of honor who will deign to play with the people as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah,

All we had was Steve Jackson and Wil Wheaton. If I could only get Steve Jackson to play something other than his own games, the world would be a better place!... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
All we had was Steve Jackson and Wil Wheaton. If I could only get Steve Jackson to play something other than his own games, the world would be a better place!... laugh
If I could have gotten Steve Jackson to even play his own games, it would have been a better convention.shake Anyway, this year we have Kevin Siembieda (and his entourage from Palladium) to cover the RPG side of things, and Will & William Niebling (Mayfair) to help cover the board and card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.