Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Today's Get Fuzzy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Edlin
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Today's Get Fuzzy (http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/archive/getfuzzy-20050...) is about RPGs. While that doesn't directly apply here, I imagine a large number of folks here can relate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Partial credit...
I'll give the cartoonist partial credit. Close, but not quite. First, 3rd edition doesn't have a "double zero" on any scores...that was only 1st edition (if I recall correctly). Second, it was only on Strength....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edlin
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
John,

You could literally not be a bigger dork if you had a dungeon master's guide in your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kimball
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the risk of becoming the new head of the dork party, umm, second edition also had the percentile attached to eighteen strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bartlett
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dork?
Calling someone a dork here is a bit like a Peter Pot running into KettleCon05 and screaming "Black!", no?

Sheesh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I noted on a Geeklist today,

There are geeks, there are Geeks, and then there are GEEKS.

We should all be thankful for the presence of Darby Conley on the comics pages... he's one of us, he knows... he knows.........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RPG comics
At the risk of joining the new geek brigade we've got going here, anyone who has ever played RPGs (particularly D&D) owes it to themselves to read "The Order of the Stick", a most excellent web comic:

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Edlin
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Order of the Stick
I stumbled across Order of the Stick just last month. It is now in my regular reading. Very funny. I think it is probably the best fantasy RPG-based comic out there.

Another one that I like is Exterminatus Now (http://exterminatusnow.keenspace.com/), which is based on Games Workshop's Inquisitor game, but the characters are animals (a fox and a rat are inquisitors with a cat daemon hunter and an echidna cyborg). Funny stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.