United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
Wherever You Go, There You Are
badge
With no certain future, and no purpose other than to prevail
mbmbmbmbmb
Three weeks ago, I ordered Bitter Woods and the BW expansion from the L2 Design Group website.

A week ago, I sent an email asking for shipping status - no reply.

Monday, I tried calling the 'warehouse' number listed on the website and the voicemail was full. I tried the secondary number and got a personal voicemail, and left a message - so far no response.

After I ordered the game, I noticed a few complaints about L2 customer service posted on BGG, but also a post in July that the owner was committed to improving customer service.

I hope my $115 isn't gone, or destined for 2-3 months of oblivion, as one poster implied could happen.

Is there a secret handshake required to get a game for L2? It seems that the game has a spectacular reputation - shame to ruin it by simply not shipping the games or returning inquiries.

On the same day I payed for BW, I ordered two games from GMT. I got a receipt, a shipping notice, and received the games inside a week.

...A Tale of Two Companies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Supple
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I also made an order about 2 weeks ago and paid with credit card. I never got a receipt and have not received any acknowledgment that what I ordered was shipped. I ordered the Bitter Woods update to version 4 which was listed as in stock with approximately 500 copies on hand according to their website.

I can't find a contact number for the company. Can someone tell me how to get in touch with them or give me some information on their status (in business still, etc.).

Thanks for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foxtrotsierra66 wrote:
I also made an order about 2 weeks ago and paid with credit card. I never got a receipt and have not received any acknowledgment that what I ordered was shipped. I ordered the Bitter Woods update to version 4 which was listed as in stock with approximately 500 copies on hand according to their website.

I can't find a contact number for the company. Can someone tell me how to get in touch with them or give me some information on their status (in business still, etc.).

Thanks for any help.

You can go to the L2 website and call Art at the number listed. Here is the direct link:

http://www.l2designgroup.com/CorpInfo.html

Good luck and let us know how this turns out for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Marlett
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I opened a PayPal dispute on 8/17. L2 responded that I would have my game shipped the next day and get a tracking number (8/18).

As of today, I have yet to receive a tracking number.

I will keep the PayPal dispute open until I receive the game or have an actual UPS/USPS tracking number.

It appears that contesting the PayPal/credit card charge is the only way to get a response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping they're still around... I was looking forward to them reprinting Panzergruppe Guderian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm hoping they're still around...

They definitely are still around, Art posted on CSW today. As to PGG, I wouldn't expect it too much before Total War...

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Marlett
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it is safe to say they do not monitor this forum. Entering the 2nd month. We'll see how PayPal handles an escalated dispute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Marlett
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Refund succesful through PayPal dispute/escalation.

Odd company, to say the least. They seem to have games in stock, but no one to ship them within any reasonable timeframe. From Consimworld, it does not appear that my experience is anything new.

I would recommend buying an L2 game from some other source than L2 directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gryfon wrote:
Refund succesful through PayPal dispute/escalation.

Odd company, to say the least. They seem to have games in stock, but no one to ship them within any reasonable timeframe. From Consimworld, it does not appear that my experience is anything new.

I would recommend buying an L2 game from some other source than L2 directly.

In case you missed it, Art is a the entire company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D L
msg tools
Yes, they are still in business. I used the Paypal link on their website to buy Russia Besieged on September 8. The game arrived on September 15. Also, as a "bonus", Art wrote a short note on the inside of the cardboard shipping box and signed his name. The game is very good. Best regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to preorder a game today from their website and got this:

http://www.l2designgroup.devellab.com/index_attention.php

interesting.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Drake
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
I like pizza!
badge
I LIKE IT!!! ????
mbmbmb
From L'2s consimworld page

Art is setting up a whole new website on his own server. This will hopefully be done soon.

Lembit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.