Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: ARRGGHH! Help me fail my will saving throw! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I walk into my local gaming shop and there behind the counter are 6 copies of Twilight Imperium 3. Two more guys are in the back cutting out all their pieces and I can see the euphoria on their faces (that one all we geeks get when there is a thick rulebook and more pieces that you can imagine)...

I ask if there are any more and the owner tells me they are all reserved but he would sell me his copy because he could be patient.

I think and think and think (80 bucks is NOT cheap!) and I know it probably isn't one for my wife. I would only be able to play it rarely, but OH!! The temptation...

Finally after much agony I walk away having made my will save. But today I am trying to get the DM in my mind to let me reroll.

Saving throw to succeed is a 17

Roll for me and then convince me why your roll was a good one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1....miserable failure. You completely break down and buy 2 copies. 1 for you. 1 for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I rolled a 19. But I've always been unlucky at dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
17... you made it again, but only just. The shopkeepers selflessness acted as a modifier to your roll, combined with the previous factors of cost and a disapproving wife. Unfortunately while you are conducting your inner debate a grotesquely skinny hobit_like creature steals into the shop eyeing the boxes of TI3 and uttering the word "precioussss" and takes the last copy of TI3 from the shopkeeper!

Make an insanity check with a -2 modifier...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
** hands you Cursed Goggles of the BGG: -5 on all Willpower saves due to only being able to perceive the best qualities of games -- the enchantment wears off for any particular game only after purchase **

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, I rolled a 1 also. You not only breakdown and buy it, but as you carry it out to your car, you are giggling and skipping like a school girl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolled a 12. If your wisdom is 22 or more (or if it's 18 and you're a spellcaster or paladin or some such) you're safe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Failed
Well, that was enough critical misses to seal my fate.

Game purchased and in my hands...

Now if I can just get my wife to try it out once

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
mb
I have no one to play this game with
Is your avatar from the cover of On a Pale Horse?

-goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Fisk
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You betcha

I am a product of the late 60s so that puts my teenage years in the 80s. The best time to live

Piers at his peak...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.