Summoner Wars: Master Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spend Any Cards From Magic Deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is probably covered somewhere, but my friend and I couldn't find it.

When spending magic, do you have to spend it from the top of your magic deck, or can you choose any cards from your magic deck? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Downing
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Howdy!

It's on page 6 of the rule book, under Phase 2: Summon

"To spend a Magic Point, remove 1 card from the top of your Magic Pile and place it face-up in your Discard Pile. To spend 2 Magic Points remove 2 cards from the top of your Magic Pile and place them face-up in your Discard Pile, etc."

But, as I've read elsewhere, while you can't manipulate your magic pile when it's already down there, you can have a bit of control if you wish by choosing what order to build magic, or destroy cards.

Happy summoning!

Edit: I found the forum post on the official game page dealing with this: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/showthread.php?t=409

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:
When spending magic, do you have to spend it from the top of your magic deck, or can you choose any cards from your magic deck? Thanks.

Trying to get your Zombie Warriors into the discard pile, eh?
laugh

My buddy and I had this exact same question, but alas, it must be the top card. However, note that when you Build Magic you can put the cards onto your Magic pile in any order, so make sure those Zombie Warriors are on top whenever you Build!
zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

JYoder wrote:
Trying to get your Zombie Warriors into the discard pile, eh?
laugh

Of course.

Thanks for the replies. So likewise, do you need to add units to the magic pile in the order they are killed/removed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:
So likewise, do you need to add units to the magic pile in the order they are killed/removed?

Yes, but if you have a group of them being added at once (like during Build Magic), then you can choose the order. But if you kill an enemy it goes onto the magic pile immediately, before you make another attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Bistro
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always try to seed my Magic Pile with a couple of Zombie Warriors during the first few Build Magic Phases, but there are only 6 Zombies in your deck so you have to be careful. Also, don't be afraid to kill your own Zombies when they're wounded and death looks imminent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.