Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Johnson
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so to be honest not sure i care for this game/theme but i have LNOE and love it.

What components of this game can be used in LNOE?

Boards? Meaning are their pick up abilities on each building with relevant LNOE items?

Anything else? Decks: No? Agility/Power: No?

I would consider purchasing if i could do a LNOE game with just a circus theme (Dark Carnival in L4Dead 2, anyone?) by using the boards only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the boards are 100% compatible, but the decks used, are used are based on what board you're using (so if you're using the IfOS Circus Boards, you're using the Hero and Martian decks from this game.

Agility is a pre-Built item related to character health. So all the characters from LNoE already have an agilty score. Sam, from Growing Hunger, who was one of the first characters with 4 health has an agility roll of 4+ on a d6 where as all the youth characters like Billy and Sally with a health of only 2 have an agility roll of 2+ on a d6. This makes sense considering that, while the younger characters are "squishier" they're ability to dodge ray gun blasts are better than Sam, who is bulkier and can take more hits than they can.

Power tokens, I'm not sure if the LNoE gang can take them or if they have any benefits for them. From what little I've gathered the Power Tokens are used by the Carnival Folk to boost or power up their attacks (although I'm sure someone from FF or even one of the few with a copy of the game can chime in and correct me.)

Stats wise, since both games use the same engines, I can easily see the Martians being brought into LNoE. From looking from the photos You can even see the stats for the Martian Champion (who looks like he gets 2 health, a movement of 2 and a few of his other stats!) as well as the Zard Martian Beast.

Martians are also smarter than zombies - but unlike zombies don't ignore walls. So while Martians only care about making you disintegrated, they aren't subject to "Zombie Hunger" when they move and they are going to end up moving a bit more in packs than the zombies would (it benefits them - seeing as they have a better chance to hit.)

This is Drakkenstrike's photo of the Unique Martian stats

You can probably see how easily this will fit into a LNoE setting. I'm going to go out on the limb and say that because the LNoE characters don't use power tokens, it won't affect them (although anyone with a copy of the game, please feel free to correct me!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegre wrote:
I believe the boards are 100% compatible, but the decks used, are used are based on what board you're using (so if you're using the IfOS Circus Boards, you're using the Hero and Martian decks from this game.

You're right on the "Hero" decks being link to the board, but I think the "Monster" deck is dictated by the monsters you're using which is dictated by the scenario you're playing.

Most, but not all, scenarios can use either board, and you can use either set of Heroes, or even mix & match (though that doesn't seem to be recommended).

So, if I understand correctly, you can play a LNoE scenario on the IfOS boards, using Heroes from either set, but you will have to use the IfOS "Hero" deck. I don't think you can just toss an IfOS board edge onto the LNoE board, if that's what you're looking to do, but even then it probably depends on what special rules are on the section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were to mix the boards from both games, you could have both hero decks in play and simply draw from the deck corresponding to the board the hero is standing on at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
DenGad wrote:
If you were to mix the boards from both games, you could have both hero decks in play and simply draw from the deck corresponding to the board the hero is standing on at the time.

Although that would seriously lower the chances of losing by exhausting one of those two Hero Decks. I'm hoping Flying Frog offers some official rules on combining the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too

I guess you could set a limit at half the deck, of each deck, and when any of them are reached the heroes loses. But it's a cluncky way of doing it.

Question is though, playing LNoE with all expansions, the hero deck is quite a bit bigger anyway. I know the zombie player gets cards that strip cards off the hero deck, but the zombie deck is large as well and these cards must still be drawn to be used.

I expect the math on this has been done, if by none other then by the designers
At any rate, in the few games I've played with the full hero deck the heroes have not in any way been close to losing due to deck depletion; I doubt they ever saw half of the deck even.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.