Subject: Domination action question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Jackson
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I just downloaded the rules,(from the GMT Games website) and after reading them, I am convinced that this will be my next purchase.

I do have one question about the Domination action. On page 16, the note at the top of the 2nd column states "that the dominant animal may not be the same as the animal that chose to score that particular tile, and may not be the animal that scored the most points."

Does this mean that if the reptiles in the example below the notes, scored the most points (instead of the amphibians) that the reptiles then would not choose and execute one face up Dominance Card?

I read the "and" in the note to mean that both conditions must apply, because that is the only way I can reconcile the note with the example.

Thanks for any help, I definately look forward to this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
"Might" rather than "may" would make it read more easily I think. It isn't that the dominant animal cannot be the one chosing the tile or scoring the points. Rather, it isn't necessary for that animal to be either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
"Might" rather than "may" would make it read more easily I think. It isn't that the dominant animal cannot be the one chosing the tile or scoring the points. Rather, it isn't necessary for that animal to be either.

I'm pretty sure the change from "may" to "might" has already been made in the final rulebook. I, and many others, caught that mistake in proofing them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim, unfortunately you're reading an outdated playtest rulebook. The final rulebook has been submitted to BGG and is pending approval by the admins.

As others above have mentioned, the word "may" in the sentence you reference has been changed to "might" for the final version.

Hope you like the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks for all of the rapid responses. It is now crystal clear, the note is simply stating a possibility and not a prohibition.

Can't wait to play, just from reading the rules, I think that the theme and the various mechanics are fantastic! Should be very enjoyable. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.