Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG News

Subject: Edit Layout Changes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
Avatar
mb
I've consolidated the code to merge all the layout settings, unfortunately you may see a default layout until your session expires. If you are seeing problems, you can logout, and relogin to refresh the changes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Log out? I don't think I've been logged out of BGG in 5 years.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
Avatar
mb
mrbeankc wrote:
Log out? I don't think I've been logged out of BGG in 5 years.


Don't you never clear out the cookies - try it, it's a healthy habit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
...
badge
...
Avatar
I'm permanently logged in. This morning, my Quickbar has disappeared.

I log out, then log in.

Still no quickbar, but now when I click the bgg icon (top left of page) I get returned to a login page.

{update: not always, though - now the bgg icon works.}

(still no Quickbar, though)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Rabinovich
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
I'm permanently logged in. This morning, my Quickbar has disappeared.

I log out, then log in.

Still no quickbar, but now when I click the bgg icon (top left of page) I get returned to a login page.

{update: not always, though - now the bgg icon works.}

(still no Quickbar, though)


I use Firefox. Logged out logged in and still missing a part of the screen. Cleared cookies, logged out logged in, still missing the hotness list on the left and the games that i have seen.
The list is there when i am logged out though. Help please/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
...
badge
...
Avatar
My Quickbar has returned. Phew!

Thanks, whatever you did (or didn't) do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Melinder
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
capthowdy_00 wrote:
SteveK2 wrote:
I'm permanently logged in. This morning, my Quickbar has disappeared.

I log out, then log in.

Still no quickbar, but now when I click the bgg icon (top left of page) I get returned to a login page.

{update: not always, though - now the bgg icon works.}

(still no Quickbar, though)


I use Firefox. Logged out logged in and still missing a part of the screen. Cleared cookies, logged out logged in, still missing the hotness list on the left and the games that i have seen.
The list is there when i am logged out though. Help please/


I have the same problem. Clearing cache/cookies doesn't help. Using the beta login or individual login makes no difference. Also using Firefox.

edit: never mind, works like charm now, must have been a temporary thing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just noticed this thread. I don't know whether this might also be related Problem with Game Page Stats Module

I've done the logout/login and cleared cache/cookies without effect.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
mrbeankc wrote:
Log out? I don't think I've been logged out of BGG in 5 years.
Don't you never clear out the cookies - try it, it's a healthy habit.

I think Brian was being humorous as I think it was around 2 (?) years ago Aldie changed it so the bggpassword cookie (along with bggusername, the two cookies that keep you "logged in") was no longer plain text but crypt'ed. While still not secure as it's going out over over insecure links and hence can be sniffed off the wire, it's still much better than your plain text password... especially given how many folks use the same password at different sites (in encrypted form the most someone can do is to use it to gain access to your bgg account).

I still prefer this over using session cookies that expire and you have to re-login all the time. In any case you can tell I'm just waking up as I'm rambling on... just saying that everyone had to re-login at that point in time when that change was made.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.