Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations» Forums » News

Subject: coming soon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dogancan Ozsel
Turkey
Ankara
flag msg tools
despite we are not close to the 250 games threshold, according to the latest news update of dvg.com Hornet Leader will be off to the printer in a couple of days. does this mean that pre-ordered games will be sent in a month (or less)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Dan Verssen Games (DVG) website's Pre-Order Program page:

Quote:
....Once a game reaches the required number of preorders, we charge your credit card and send the game's art files to the printer....

....In general, printing takes 12 weeks, and then we start shipping the games....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah but as the op says the latest letter says its off to the printers real soon, despite not being near 250 pre orders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The significant data point is "12 weeks".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dogancan Ozsel
Turkey
Ankara
flag msg tools
wow, I though printing would take much less time... Still, not waiting for 250 orders is a good news for those of us who pre-ordered the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Augusto Moreira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
two great news for me

In print before the 250

and yet taking 12 weeks..it can allow me repay my debts before make other

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Hornet presented a challenge for us.

It is a big pricey game to produce, so we really needed the pre-orders to pay the printer - who demands payment up front.

On the other hand, it is a great game and we feel it is one of those "company improving" games like the Field Commander series that will bump DVG up a level in the gaming world.

In the end we decided to send the game to the printer with only 1/2 the needed pre-orders - and started searching the couch for spare change.

We are doing final proofing now and will send the files in a couple days. It is then 12 weeks until we receive the games.

The first big milestone is receiving the printer proof copy, which takes about 3 weeks.

If you want to pre-order, know a friend who wants to pre-order, know a rich friend who wants to do a nice thing, now is the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.