Subject: Operations Phase Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted M
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received this game, read through the instructions, seen the help videos, but still have a couple basic questions: During the operations phase, can the active player play more than one character card and/or support card from his hand? Can the opposing player then do the same before the active player commits characters to stories? (If able).

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I play the game, but any help would be much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean P
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, only the active player can play characters and support cards from his hand. The number of cards that are played are limited by your domains/resources. On any given turn you could generally play 3 cards of whatever type from your hand (assuming you have enough resources on your domains). There are also certain card effects which can bring more cards out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Cooper
United States
Indiana
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Expand your gaming!
mbmbmbmbmb
bluesubaru71 wrote:
During the operations phase, can the active player play more than one character card and/or support card from his hand?

As the previous poster stated, the active player can play more than one character/support card from his hand.

bluesubaru71 wrote:
Can the opposing player then do the same before the active player commits characters to stories?

Again, a player can only play character/support cards when they are the active player. The non-active player can take other actions (Event cards, for example).

It's also my understanding that during the Operations phase, playing character and support cards are considered actions. This means that after the active player plays a character/support card, the non-active player has the opportunity to take an action (Event card, character ability, etc.) before the active player can play another action, including playing another character/support card.

EDIT: GO UofA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted M
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, got it and thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.