Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Madison, WI Area August 2010 No-Ship Math Trade. This math trade will be open to any and all in the Madison area. You must be willing and able to meet on Tuesday, Sept 7th, 6pm @ Byrd's Pub (http://www.byrdspub.com/) in Middleton, WI to participate in the trade.

=====

Dates:

Deadline to add games: 7:00 PM Central Time on Thursday, August 26
Want Lists Due: 10:00 PM Central Time on Thursday, September 2
Results Posted: by 11:00 PM Central Time on Thursday, September 2 at the latest

Trade Happens: 6:00 PM Central Time on Tuesday, September 7 @ Byrd's pub in Middleton, WI

=====

Important Links:

Trade Geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/57869/madison-wi-area-...
Request Geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/57868/madison-wi-area-...

=====

Official news reserved at the top of this forum. For the rest, please talk amongst yourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game submission period has now ended...

We are currently in active game submission. Please post your games for trade in the official trade geeklist. The list will be locked for additions Thursday, August 26th, @ 7pm CDT.

After this time you may still leave comments / discuss individual items in the list.

I'll perform a final update of the list on OLWLG after this time. Please follow the directions here to setup your BGG account for wish list generation / submission in OLWLG.

Please note: I've bumped up the date when the results will be posted to Friday before swap at the latest. I'll probably get them posted the Thursday night when want lists are due. This is to allow enough time for folks who are using proxies to get their games prepped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've officially entered the want list submission period of the math trade. The geeklist has been locked down, though item comments are still allowed. Please refrain from changing items or sweeteners... if something isn't right, just pull it from this trade rather than changing the terms. If you plan on pulling an item out of the trade, please leave a comment on the item, and just blank your want list for that item.

OLWLG has been updated with the official item summary header, and want list submissions have been enabled.

I will be finalizing my want list shortly. To be fair to the rest of you, I will post an MD5 hash (see below) of my entire want list once mine is completed, and will promise not to change my want list once this is sent. Obviously this is verifiable by the MD5 hash once all submissions become public.

We've had a pretty respectable showing of games and gamers in this trade. Now comes the fun part! Want lists are due by 7pm, Thursday Sept 2nd.

My Want List MD5 Hash: 5b6388aa8c6d64b024f7bc9b2b7095d1

Update 8/30/2010:

Since it looks like the Milwaukee crew are not able to meet this time, I'll be removing their want lists from the official TradeMaximizer run. The rest of you can pretty much choose to ignore this, since it won't have any effect on your want lists... their games simply won't trade. If you haven't worked on your want lists yet, you could save some time by skipping over their games (aksosa, diehard4life, phrosbyte, servoret.)

We're looking good. About half the want lists are in. We're already looking at some pretty active trading, and I think once we have a few more of the heavy lists in it'll really blossom. Remember, you can always update your want lists until the deadline, even after submitting.

Also, I'm going to try to make it to game night this Tuesday, since it'd be fun to meet you all. I could also help out / answer any want list and OLWLG questions if anyone would like that. Let me know and I'll try to prioritize going this week.

Update 9/1/2010

Looks like aksosa is still interested in participating in the trade. If he does have items to trade, he'll be getting them to me over the weekend, and I'll be arranging with him to get his items back after the Madison trade. Other Milwaukee folks might want to talk with him to get their items moved as well.

The short of it is that everyone should just include all items in their want lists. If anyone from Milwaukee won't be able to participate, I'll simply remove their want lists from the trade.

Update 9/2/2010

I've bumped the want list deadline up to 10pm tonight, in order to allow a few folks a bit of extra time. However, I'll also be able to post results later tonight, probably by 11pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official trade results are now available on OLWLG. The raw files are posted as Dropbox links below:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2102262/August2010MathTradeWantList....
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2102262/August2010MathTradeTradeResu...

and my original want list, which you can easily diff against what is in the complete want list:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2102262/August2010MathTradeThePilotW...

Looks like we had a pretty successful trade overall. Please let me know ASAP if any of you can't make it to next Tuesday's official event, so we can arrange to get your games there for others.

Also, please post any questions, comments, feedback, either here for all to share, or privately to me via geekmail.

See you all next Tuesday night!

Note:
Check out the Gaming Hoopla coming up September 24th in Janesville for the next local math trade event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note. Once you've submitted a majority of your offerings, I highly recommend that you start working on your want lists on OLWLG ASAP. If you don't know how to use it, check out the informational links I've included, or ask someone in this forum for specific help.

Doing so will really help you keep on top of want list generation. Feel free to discuss individual items with owners, make side trades, or add sweeteners to tailor for specific users.

Also, I highly recommend checking out this illustrated guide to Duplicate protection, since we do have some dupes in the list already:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005/jeffy-jeffs-olwl...

Essentially, this allows you to create virtual or dummy item collections containing all the equivalent dupes. Using duplicate protection will keep you from potentially receiving multiple copies of the same game, as well as keep the widest possible amount of trades possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have any volunteer proxies from the Milwaukee area yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
One more question re:

1. Let's keep the trading limited to board and card games in BGG if possible.

Does that mean that non-game/video game/rpg items are frowned upon? The next rule seems to afford the opportunity to use the "outside the scope" designation for those things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
Do we have any volunteer proxies from the Milwaukee area yet?

Nobody has contacted me as of yet. I know Colleens posted this in the Milwaukee Guild.

Are there any Madison gamers that commute to Milwaukee/whereabouts, that would act as the courier to and fro?

I would offer to meet half way (between Madison and Milwaukee), as I have some flexibility in my schedule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'd meant this to generally discourage non-game items trading, but it's not a hard and fast rule. If there's something that you really think the list might want, go for it. I mentioned the outside-the-scope rule just in case someone either 1) had a game or expansion that didn't have an entry (probably unlikely) or 2) had a gaming related item.

Let me update the list rules to further clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually have an offer for a proxy thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:

I'm heading to Madison/Middleton over Labor Day weekend and will attend Geek.Kon at least once, as well as Capital Brewery and the Mustard Museum, and most likely the Last Square. I'm probably going to hit the road before the trades are finalized (Friday in the evening), but if anyone wants me to make the trade for them let me know and I'd be happy to do it. I'm fairly free during the week and can do door to door service if needed.

Doug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OriginalDM wrote:
anglotiger wrote:

I'm heading to Madison/Middleton over Labor Day weekend and will attend Geek.Kon at least once, as well as Capital Brewery and the Mustard Museum, and most likely the Last Square. I'm probably going to hit the road before the trades are finalized (Friday in the evening), but if anyone wants me to make the trade for them let me know and I'd be happy to do it. I'm fairly free during the week and can do door to door service if needed.

Doug

I might take you up on that Doug, seeing as how I am re-hobbled.

Thanks for the generous offer. -C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
OriginalDM wrote:
anglotiger wrote:

Doug

I might take you up on that Doug, seeing as how I am re-hobbled.

Thanks for the generous offer. -C

GM me and I'd be happy to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what's going on with the OLWLG? Is JeffyJeff gonna allow it to be used for this MT? Nothing is set up in the OLWLG as far as I can see at this point, and I am not sure I want to go back to the old manual wantlist creation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see it in the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EventHorizon wrote:
I can see it in the OLWLG.

OMG, I am such a dork lately.

I see it, among the lists I haven't added items to yet. Dang, that's so silly of me.

THANKS for your patience. I've been stuck in a bed for the most of five days and I think I am losing my mind.

Peace,
Christian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to keep on top of all the new game entries by synching OLWLG at least a few times a day (or whenever I see large sets of games added to the list.) Yeah, OLWLG is definitely worlds above trying to maintain a want list manually. We do have a week to finalize want lists, but I find it handy to check out and create WL's for new games as they come in... makes the task of building your want list a bit less daunting.

We're looking really good for number of games for this trade. There are some pretty interesting looking games on the table. Hope you all have fun perusing the selection!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter, I am sure that I speak for more than myself when I say THANK YOU! for initiating this MT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThePilot wrote:
We're looking really good for number of games for this trade. There are some pretty interesting looking games on the table.

Agreed. It's a shame (for me) that the ones I find most interesting are things I already own. The average quality of items is really quite high IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack, the only games that aren't in your collection are titles that haven't been published yet.

robot

Wow, my first emoticon/gificon in 21 years on the web. ASCII characters excluded.

q="anglotiger"]
ThePilot wrote:
We're looking really good for number of games for this trade. There are some pretty interesting looking games on the table.

Agreed. It's a shame (for me) that the ones I find most interesting are things I already own. The average quality of items is really quite high IMHO.
[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Jack, the only games that aren't in your collection are titles that haven't been published yet.

Well, between my owned and previously owned lists, it is a large amount of games (to me, at least). The real problem is that no-one's willing to sacrifice those OOP gems I want, for much less than they're worth. Who'd have thought?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Ravenscroft
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Quote:
Peter, I am sure that I speak for more than myself when I say THANK YOU! for initiating this MT.

Hear, hear! Since it's on my doorstep it's about to pull me out of my math trade hiatus. Will post games for trade this weekend. Also thanks to OriginalDM for the Geek.kon comment - I forgot that was on here in Madison and I'll swing by for some gaming there. Have to check for a thread elsewhere on BGG in case someone here is running games there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadline to post is Thursday, 8/26 at 7PM Central.

gobbeg wrote:
Quote:

Hear, hear! Since it's on my doorstep it's about to pull me out of my math trade hiatus. Will post games for trade this weekend. Also thanks to OriginalDM for the Geek.kon comment - I forgot that was on here in Madison and I'll swing by for some gaming there. Have to check for a thread elsewhere on BGG in case someone here is running games there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mateja
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.. deadline is tomorrow night. If you need a little extra time, I can probably extend it a bit, but I want to give folks enough time to go through their want lists properly. Just let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be posting some games tomorrow.

I posted a few items this morning.

Thanks to Doug for the proxy offer.

-Christian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.