Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Automated Game Play Count? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a little CGI app that tracks my game play info. I'd like to make it so that when I enter the game play info in my app, it gets entered on the appropriate BGG page, too. I can figure out from the form how to construct the URL, but I don't know how to pass in (programatically) my user name, which is held via a cookie in some form, I would imagine. Is there a way to do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, yes there is
And it looks to be fairly simple.

Go to the SpielByWeb page, and check out a little link they have that says "Hit" in the completed games section. Has everything you need to know, (I think). Of course your app has to know what the BGG ID is of the game in question.

If you can't get to that page/link Joe, let me know, and if no one else has a better explanation, I can go check out what mine says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Quite...
Quote:
Has everything you need to know, (I think).

Except for the User ID info. That's the part that I don't know how to send into BGG. I'd like to do it so that I don't need to click on a link; if I didn't mind clicking on the link, my browser's cookie would automatically get picked up and there would be no issue. To do it programatically, however, requires me to either replicate the cookie (and I have no idea what the cookie is named, or what info is sent) or send it in on the command line, which I'm willing to do once I know what to send.

Thanks for trying, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.