Dominant Species» Forums » General

Subject: Final Production Game Pics? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game sounds really neat, but the pics of the board are (edit: took out "not" here, guess my mind was a little numb) numbing my mind a little.

Is this game going to get a little Ameri-trash lovin?

Any pics of the final product?

Either or I have been waiting on a good nature game to play with my son.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Desferous wrote:
This game sounds really neat, but the pics of the board are not numbing my mind a little.

Is this game going to get a little Ameri-trash lovin?

Any pics of the final product?

Either or I have been waiting on a good nature game to play with my son.

The final product hasn't been printed yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that odd? Chad says they are charging today or tomorrow for the game and that it should ship next week? Wouldn't that mean that it's already been produced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisxny wrote:
I find that odd? Chad says they are charging today or tomorrow for the game and that it should ship next week? Wouldn't that mean that it's already been produced?

Perhaps I'm wrong, I thought for P500 games they shipped then produced....but i'm new to this so I may be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Chad says they are charging today or tomorrow for the game and that it should ship next week? Wouldn't that mean that it's already been produced?

Yes. The game's components are either having their print run finished up or are currently being shipped to GMT's warehouse.

Folks who preordered are having their cards charged right now. Assuming everything stays on schedule, those folks will have their preordered copies shipped to them beginning sometime around the end of this month.

Shortly after that, distributors and stores will get their copies.

Quote:
Perhaps I'm wrong, I thought for P500 games they shipped then produced

You can't ship something to someone that hasn't yet been produced. It must be made before it can be physically handed over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
Quote:
Chad says they are charging today or tomorrow for the game and that it should ship next week? Wouldn't that mean that it's already been produced?

Yes. The game's components are either having their print run finished up or are currently being shipped to GMT's warehouse.

Folks who preordered are having their cards charged right now. Assuming everything stays on schedule, those folks will have their preordered copies shipped to them beginning sometime around the end of this month.

Shortly after that, distributors and stores will get their copies.

Quote:
Perhaps I'm wrong, I thought for P500 games they shipped then produced

You can't ship something to someone that hasn't yet been produced. It must be made before it can be physically handed over.

Yeah, I meant charged then produced...sorry its too early...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
For obvious customer service reasons, GMT would like to make the charge-to-ship time on their games as short as possible. To this end, they have been charging for preorders much, much closer to the actual ship date than in previous years.

They used to charge cards weeks or months earlier -- ostensibly in order to pay for the print run, which isn't cheap. It appears they are now financially healthy enough to pay for printing from reserves, charging the customer only when the product release is imminent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
For obvious customer service reasons, GMT would like to make the charge-to-ship time on their games as short as possible. To this end, they have been charging for preorders much, much closer to the actual ship date than in previous years.

They used to charge cards weeks or months earlier -- ostensibly in order to pay for the print run, which isn't cheap. It appears they are now financially healthy enough to pay for printing from reserves, charging the customer only when the product release is imminent.

This is a great way to do business! I understand companies who charge in advance to fund a production run, but its always such a stress to meet what the customer believes to be a "hard deadline". Thank you for the explanation as to how GMT handles their production runs and charging for P500 releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.