Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thales Martins
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a group of 6-7 players, but usually we play in 5 or 4, since 2 of them are a couple and they have their "alone" time...shake

So I would like to know if it is a good game for 5 players, I know that it always depends on my group, but for a general group, who doesn´t like really complex games, but love negotiations, discussions and some backstabbing are they going to like it?

Also, the 2005 West End Games Version, is ok?

And does it really take 3-4 hours to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
thalescnm wrote:
I have a group of 6-7 players, but usually we play in 5 or 4, since 2 of them are a couple and they have their "alone" time...shake

So I would like to know if it is a good game for 5 players, I know that it always depends on my group, but for a general group, who doesn´t like really complex games, but love negotiations, discussions and some backstabbing are they going to like it?

It's ok for 5. Best with 7. And yes it does seem to meet your criteria. If it is 5 can I suggest though instead I'm the Boss! and / or The Castle of the Devil. Junta is my favourite game but 7 is best.

West End 05 version is ok. I have it, but still play my 85 version for the artwork. The cards and money are much better quality in the 05 version.

Yes Junta takes 3 hours, perhaps 4 depending on how much negotiation you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
thalescnm wrote:
It's good for 5 players, but better for 7 players. If you like backstabbing you will like Junta, although your friends might not like your afterwards.

thalescnm wrote:
Personally I don't like the 2005 version. The Burglar card has been changed and first fire has been eliminated. Maybe there are also other minor changes.

thalescnm wrote:
It depends. The more coups the longer game (make sure you stop a coup when the outcome is given, don't play it to the finish just to waste time), the more negotiations the longer game. My shortest game has been around 1½ hours, and the longest has been around 5 hours. But on the average 2½ hours seem right for experienced players.

Lars
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the others game some good answers. Short answer, "Yes". You guys may not like it, but it can be a bunch of fun! Also, 5 works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.