Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: OT: Super Bowl Sunday...Alternative Activities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people aren't interested in watching the Super Bowl. What alternative activities are you or your significant other doing instead of watching The Big Game?

This morning I put my wife on a flight to Thailand. Why? She is part of a Portland, Oregon-area effort to help revive the tourism economy in Thailand, devastated by the Indian Ocean tsunami.

http://flightoffriendship.com

The whole world saw the destruction caused by the tidal waves in Asia. But the economies of these countries also took a major hit. Thailand's tourism business is off right now by 90%; and most of their tourist areas were unaffected by the tidal waves.

As they did in 2001 after the September 11 attacks, Oregonians are traveling to another part of the world to say, "We haven't forgotten you. We will come and visit you."

So--your plans, or those of your loved ones...what are you doing today?

Me? I'll probably watch The Game. We couldn't afford to both go to Thailand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Oz
Well I'm home looking after the family as we all have the cold (the other two have it much worse). So I'll be watching it (c'mon gotta love the superbowl-go Eagles) while looking after two sick people and putting a door latch on. My loved ones will be watching videos and reading books-but only the ones I provide them devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
She's a "Good Egg" that one
Well, I'm NOT trying to 'rain' on YOUR 'parade', but I recently 'got' an email with a "sob story"cry so profound and inspiring...until I noticed that they were 'remarking' upon the 'people' in this as having been "away on 'Holiday' since April 12th, 2003 and were JUST recently 'involved' in the 'Dec. '04 Tsunami disaster', since it is WHERE they 'happened to be' at the time, on THEIR 'Holiday'! ! ! " YES folks, it was a SPAM-'SCAM' and a really BADLY contrived one at that! Be careful of these as they are preying upon your emotions and generosity, while I DO 'state' that there are STILL plenty of fine and decent people around the entire WORLD, with honest efforts for this, and these folks should be 'commended' for what they do. just sayin...
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
well...that's a DEEP 'subject'
Quote:
Quote:
Well, I'm NOT trying to 'rain' on YOUR 'parade', but I recently 'got' an email with a "sob story"cry so profound and inspiring...until I noticed that they were 'remarking' upon the 'people' in this as having been "away on 'Holiday' since April 12th, 2003 and were JUST recently 'involved' in the 'Dec. '04 Tsunami disaster', since it is WHERE they 'happened to be' at the time, on THEIR 'Holiday'! ! ! " YES folks, it was a SPAM-'SCAM' and a really BADLY contrived one at that! Be careful of these as they are preying upon your emotions and generosity, while I DO 'state' that there are STILL plenty of fine and decent people around the entire WORLD, with honest efforts for this, and these folks should be 'commended' for what they do. just sayin...
surprise

I must be slow on the up-take here.

robotYES, you most certainly MUST be!surprise

WHAT part of THAT did YOU 'not get'? I got the 'email' as one of MANY, that are ALWAYS attempting to SCAM myself, as well as many OTHERS, by 'preying & playing upon' OUR 'sentiments', AND whatever most recent 'disaster' had ocurred! Well, maybe they 'conned' YOU into whatever, but, then again, I'd sort of EXPECT it to 'happen'. "just sayin...some MORE!"
sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a suprise 30th birthday/ Super bowl party for a friend. He was very suprised, and since none of us were that interested in the game, we played Double Crossing. Which thanks the BGG we were able to play with the correct rules for the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Errands
Did shopping, had minor work done.
What was this super sized bowl thing again? A
cooking show?laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.