United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I heartily agree with the above posts. Academy Games has given me many, many hours of fun -- with much more to come in the future.

Conflict of Heroes nicely fills the gap between simple wargames (Mem'44) and complex ones (ASL), while taking only the best traits of each. It allows me to make meaningful battlefield command decisions without henpecking me with micro-management. It also got me a lot more interested in WWII history; so it's been a bit of an educational experience for me as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say I have to agree with the above posters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lowell Drake
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with all the above. I haven't enjoyed a game as much as I do CoH for many years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn fanboys!

Don't you know that heaping all this praise on Uwe and Academy Games will make him become complacent?!?! Enough with the awards too!

You want better games, tell Uwe how much the current ones suck so he will have some motivation for improvement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheep wrote:
Damn fanboys!

Don't you know that heaping all this praise on Uwe and Academy Games will make him become complacent?!?! Enough with the awards too!

You want better games, tell Uwe how much the current ones suck so he will have some motivation for improvement!

And here I thought all this praise would encourage Uwe to bring out his games even sooner...

thumbsupAcademy Gamesthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Snoddy
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I am a one man crusade to bring the COH games to my part of the UK, Northern Ireland. I have played with lots of people from Gamesworkshop fans to ASL players. Everybody walks away saying what a great game, The only problem I have is trying the explain the rules for a first game. Anybody got a handy summary sheet of what info needs to be imparted for a first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Paschal
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer
I like COH too and would like to say that Uwe and his team work very, very hard to get those games out to you guys in the beautiful state that they are.. Uwe works as hard as anyone I know, trying to perfect this game system. I think Academy will be around for a long long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Bruno
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Concur with all the praise, foremost for the quality PDFs available with updated rules and awesome firefights.

I appreciate the way Uwe and his team enlist the views of the fans to continually improve the quality of the CoH experience.

I wish this company all the success it deserves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Doherty
United States
Windsor, Northern-
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been gaming since the 60s. This game has to listed as one of the best!!!

The forethought into the play and packaging, the consideration for players (i.e., ease of rules yet still requiring tactical thought), playability, and more importantly size...damn fine thing being able to not only see the pieces but hold onto them too... Yes, I am glad those of us belonging to AARP were considered due to our handicaps.

Keep up the good work!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.