Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's important whether a combat unit is in command or out of command.

Is a combat unit that is assigned to a division (French) or brigade (Allied) and within 6 hexes or their corp commander, in command?

Is a combat unit that is assigned to a corp and within 3 hexes (French) or 2 hexes (Allies) of a Division commander (French) or Brigade commander (Allies), in command?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding your first question, 19.4A is explicit in saying that "A combat unit is In Command if it is within the Command Span of its immediate superior officer (division or brigade leader,depending on nationality)." So, even if a combat unit is within the command span of the next higher leader in the chain of command, the unit is not In Command unless in the command span of its immediate superior.

Strictly following the rules, then, units assigned to corps-level command are not In Command unless they are in the command span of the corps leader. As I mentioned elsewhere, this is different in the "Regulations" where corps assets can be released to division-level command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Paul. That is more or less the way I would have interpreted the rules. I just needed a sounding board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.