Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks like a hoot. I'm a big fan of Space Alert, and I think this may be just the type of game for me to get my Asian-Food-Loving-In-Laws to play...

I'm just thinking out loud, but I think it would be hilarious to add miniature tables to the game, with the customer cards on the tables, and have the tables spread all over the playing surface between the players. Moving dice and ingredients would be even more chaotic if the restaurant was full of people and tables and chairs! If you've ever been to a crowded dim-sum restaurant during prime time hours, you know what I'm talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The early prototypes had the idea of ~3 "tables" where a customer card would be played. Each table would have a timer, so you would have to juggle multiple tables. It was way too hard - one customer at a time is plenty with all the preparation chaos going on. But hey - maybe we could try it out again as an expansion. 3 tables with 60 sec timers each. It would probably require an additional player to be the "waiter" managing all the cards/timers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Planning expansions already??

Now you are thinking like the big boy publishers!

Good work on the game, I'm glad I saw the pre-order ad today so I could jump in with order #249.

if the game is as exciting as watching the demo video is, I know my order number for the expansion will be much earlier in line!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:
The early prototypes had the idea of ~3 "tables" where a customer card would be played. Each table would have a timer, so you would have to juggle multiple tables. It was way too hard - one customer at a time is plenty with all the preparation chaos going on. But hey - maybe we could try it out again as an expansion. 3 tables with 60 sec timers each. It would probably require an additional player to be the "waiter" managing all the cards/timers.

OK now this HAS to be done. Anything that can be described as "way too hard" is up my alley... imagine a board that consists of a picture of a crowded restaurant, with tables, and players have to avoid knocking things over... minus points for knocking over other dishes, chairs, etc...

Or better yet, play the game as a real restaurant, and get people off their butts! Maybe I'll set up three tables in the living room in my house near the kitchen, and then have people running back and forth delivering dishes...

OK, pre-order set. I'm totally doing this.

But just to be sure... if we suffer any injuries running around my fake restaurant, can we get a credit for the expansion???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
LABG! Live Action Board Gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Y
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornbread46 wrote:

Good work on the game, I'm glad I saw the pre-order ad today so I could jump in with order #249.

I agree. This game looks like a blast.
I slipped my order in just ahead of you at #243.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks very interesting. I'm really hoping it does well enough for a full printing as the preorder period fell at a bad time when I couldn't get it...few days later my reimbursements (had to fund alot of my masters courses until I show grades high enough to get it paid for by my company which I did) hit and I would have been great..oh well, hopefully it does well and I see it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.