Middle-Earth Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crebain / combat questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sonny sonny
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we played our first game and had a few questions.

1. on the crebain it says something like (verbal translate from german edition) "scouting: for every damage that the hero would take you receive one influence marker." is there an "instead" missing? (does this mean, i cannot do damage with ranged attacks?) i assume shields are deducted as usual.

2. exhausted: do i have to keep playing cards when i am exhausted, as long as my enemy continues fighting and playing cards? (the answer seems to be 'no' but it don't find it explicitly anywhere in the rules)

3. exhausted: if the answer to 2. is no: player A is exhausted. player B plays a card that triggers is the defense of player A is 0. does it trigger?

thx,
dance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Crebain places influence instead of ranged damage (the word "instead" appears on the English card).

2. You don't play cards if you are exhausted. I guess the explicit statement is missing, but the rules say, "if a combatant does not have any combat cards in his hand (or does not wish to play cards), he declares himself exhausted." So that makes the answer pretty clear.

3. If you are exhausted, so you don't have a combat card, your attack and defense are zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sonny sonny
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx =) i guess i should reword question no.3

my enemy is exhausted and doesn't play a card. i play a card that says "if your enemies card has a printed defense of 0". does that mean it doesn't trigger because my enemy didn't play a card? would seem strange to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sonny sonny
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
while searching further, i found the ruling for exhausted =) its in the definitions on page 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.