Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Leuftink
Germany
flag msg tools
aka the yellow shirt guy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buyed the full edition.
First of all: Lot´s of stuff for the money you paid.
Here´s the short rewiev.

The good:

The rules: only 10 pages with lots of explaining pictures and diagrams. Learned them in 5 minutes. If your players know some other dungeoncrawl it may be explain in 3 minutes...
Easy to understand, even if you are not native english speaking.
(I´m from Germany, so sory for my poor english )
And the rules work!

PnP:
Only one-coloured backs for the card. On my opinion this is great because the backs must not fix 100% when printing.
If you don´t like to assamble all the minatures and furniture there are counter for everything. So you can also build the travel edition.
Great artwork.

The realy good:

One of my player is colourblind. But no problem with this game!
Green dice are marked on the cards with a "G" and so on...

The bad:
- only 4 different heros (okay Heroquest had also 4, for more selection play Descent)
- only 5 different standard-monsters (+ some bosses)
- only 10 quests (+4 more free on the website at the moment)
- the six boards don´t fit on one side, you have to assemble them.

Conclusion:
One of the better Heroquest-variant (and cheaper).
If you want an easy & fun dungeoncrawl, get this one!!! 8/10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear some information on this.

I am wondering how it compares to Castle Ravenloft and Wrath of Ashardalon. One thing in know about WoTC is that those games are going to require a lot of money to be complete. Not sure I want to get on that treadmill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Desferous wrote:
Good to hear some information on this.

I am wondering how it compares to Castle Ravenloft and Wrath of Ashardalon. One thing in know about WoTC is that those games are going to require a lot of money to be complete. Not sure I want to get on that treadmill.

That's an odd statement. Each of those games is complete right out of the box. What do you mean?

But back on topic... Is Venture PnP only? Are there plans to release it as an actual game?

How ambitious a PnP project is it in terms of time and $$$?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a recovering WoTC addict. For instance, while playing Dungeons and Dragons, you will take your first sweet hit of the core products, be it books or whatever, but soon you will notice other varieties or flavors, of your favorite products which will require more money, etc.

WoTC is a force to be respected. I would guess they have a string of expansions & accessories just ready to be scheduled for production once the first two games are out.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it can become enormously expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Leuftink
Germany
flag msg tools
aka the yellow shirt guy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
But back on topic... Is Venture PnP only? Are there plans to release it as an actual game?

How ambitious a PnP project is it in terms of time and $$$?

It´s PnP only.

Its about 70 pages.
Print out + laminat + cutting + binding the rulebook: about 3 hours
(I mad a traveler version with only the counters, not the minis)

The minis are 13 pages and very, very easy to assemble.

Only if you want to build the box for the stuff you have to print it maybe by a shop...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds pretty interesting, but I'm a little hesitant at the thought of having to beat my way through 70 odd pages of colour prints. Even on my colour laser that will be expensive.

Also I noticed that the English on the website is a little 'odd'(no insult intended). Obviously the designers are not from an English primary language country. I would be more than a bit perturbed if that has carried through into the game. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Barbati
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
0one Games is an italian company founded in 1999 and working exclusively on the international market, hence the "odd" language on the website.

The game (and all of our games, by the way) was edited and proofreaded by a English mothertongue (Mr. Rone Barton).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Barbati
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Bundles containing the complete game are now available, both in standard edition and travelmate!

http://venture.0onegames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.