Stefan Alexander
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
I've been working on a game for the last couple of months, I've playtested it with lots of different people, but now I'd like to open it up to some of the "hardcore" board game players here, to see if it holds up.

The best way to describe it is: "Feels like Texas Hold'em, but replace the probability with deduction, and it's only for 2 players, and plays in 20-30 minutes".

I know that makes no sense at all surprise

It's not like poker - it just feels like poker, in that it doesn't really matter what you have, it's what you can make your opponent think you have. The deduction aspect is fairly simple, it's just a framework for the bluffing and bidding, really.

The game is simple to learn (5 minutes), and quite a bit of fun. I've had lots of success playing it with the "early-eliminated" players in Texas Hold'em tournaments, our gaming group, my wife, my son, and anyone else I can sucker into a game.

All you need is two decks of cards, and 40 money tokens of some kind.

If you would like to try it out, I would really appreciate it! Just let me know, and I'll send you the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds cool! My wife and I would love to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Elgren
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I'll try it!
Sounds like an interesting idea. I would like to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
That sounds like a lot of fun--I'd love to give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it! It was neat. No time now, but I'll give you some feedback later, Stefan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try it
I'll try out your game if you send me the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting. I'd like to see it, although I can't promise I'll have time to play it until the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Iwan
United States
Douglas
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me Too. . .
I would definitely be interested in playtesting a new game. Send it on over and I will get some feedback to you as soon as I can. Thanks. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.