Mark Indiveri
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thus, the Friday Knights ( http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Friday_Knights/ ) did gather at Game Kastle (www.gamekastle.com) to wage pitched battle!

I was in second place for the whole game, as Dave, the Lancastrian leader, managed to keep the central regions and a strong income for most of the game. Oddly, I remained unopposed in the South East for most of the game, so it remained a Yorkist stronghold.

As the card drawing would have it, Eric managed a strong income but not much influence on the mainland, and ended up in 4th place.

Bruce managed a strong presence in the North and just enough troops and nobles to usurp Eric in Wales, and backstabbing me in West Country, earning him 3rd place. Arg matey!!! Well played!!

It really came down to Planning on Turns 4 and 5. I had foolishly not put but one or two coins on the Capt. of Callais, as no one else did, and lost dominance in the Midlands. Had I done that and put some defense in Carisbrooke, Dave and I would have been within a VP or two at the end, making this an extremely close match! In Turns 3 and 5, when I had dominance in the Midlands, is when our Yorkists had the most votes in Parliament. I was just short by 2 control points on Turn 4, because of my neglect of the Capt. of Callais bid!!

So Dave retired as Kingmaker for the second time! Good show old bean!! I will certainly be looking more closely at each and every VP and Control Point next time! Huzzah!!

~mArK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am giving you a thumb both for your write-up and your Ted Nugent reference in the title! Good show!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Indiveri
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol!! I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.