Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
We've a few games of this under our belts now, and one thing that is becoming apparent is that it's very difficult to overturn a lead. The first player to go a point or two ahead for two turns will almost certainly be the one who wins the game. Except with a freak cube draw, I suppose.

It follows from this that we find the 3-point restaurant to be over-powered. Take this one first, and you can pull cubes defensively from your opponent and they will never catch up.

Am I right? Or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
ousgg wrote:
It follows from this that we find the 3-point restaurant to be over-powered. Take this one first, and you can pull cubes defensively from your opponent and they will never catch up.

I've not seen the problem, but I'm wondering from the above if you're playing correctly. The 3-point bistro has no special ability - and it's available to both players.

Further, you can only play defensively to a limited extent, since your opponent will typically get first draw of some of the colors.

Could you describe in more detail how you're seeing the game proceed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.