Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: TEASER! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife just called on the way home from Nashville, about a 2 or 3 hour drive. A little out of the way is "Unclaimed Baggage", a store that profits from all the stuff lost on airlines. There is some really cool stuff there. I think they found the guidance system for an F-14 one time. Anyway, I've found a handful of decent games there from time to time..but nothing earth-shattering.

She had left a message when I was at lunch asking whether A&A:Europe for $10 was a good deal. She only got to talk to the message machine...not me, so she passed on that. (Doh!) But when she called she said she bought some other 'Avalon Hill' game that starts with a T, but she couldn't remember the name. She said it was sealed. I'd trained her to automatically buy anything she sees by Avalon Hill at garage sales and thrift stores. She remembered.

But WHAT IS THE GAME?! I perused the list....and I can't help but keep staring at 'Titan'. 'Tyranno Ex' maybe?

Ugh...this is driving me nuts. Did she bumble into a great thrift store find?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
TACTICS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evrey one is geting a new game but me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, a search says T
Tac Air
Tactics
Tactics II
Thunder at Cassino
Titan
Titan: the Arena
Title Bout
Tobruk: Tank Battles in North Africa 1942
Trireme
Trucks, Trains, Boats and Planes game
Tuf
Tuf-abet
Turning Point: Stalingrad
Turning Point: Stalingrad Expansion Kit
TV Wars
Twixt
Tyranno Ex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
My money's on Twixtbag

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wait...
"Sorry honey but it's not an Avalon Hill game after all..."

My bet is Twister!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Trireme. Its the type of name someone would forget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought of Titan too.

You must tell us when you find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a "V"
Doh! Turns out it was Operation Veritable (ASL module) and she got mixed up on the letter. Still, it was just $6. The important thing is that she deliberately checked for games and remembered the rule about Avalon Hill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking
it might have been sTorm over arnhem...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
it coulda been MUCH worse
yeah, and going the OTHER 'way' on this, then it might have been a 'B' and it 'could' have ended UP as a copy of "Betrayal..." ! count your 'Lucky Stars' on this!
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rabbits
Quote:
I'd trained her

Quote:
It was a "V"

I don't want to be offensive Chester, but your family sounds like a bunch of retards. Oh wait....Tennessee. I get it. Wasn't that person ranting about all-day breakfast a hillbilly too?

I don't know enough about hillbillies to exploit this any further, but I gather you don't wear shoes. And you marry your sister. Yup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon, ignore me if you were just joking, but I feel I have to stand up in defense of Mr. Sleestak here.

I'm sure that it's unlikely he's a hillbilly, since he plays Euro games, writes educated English well, uses the Internet, etc. Our Sleestak apparently lives in Chattanooga, which has a population of over 160,000 in a metro area of 500,000. I would be surprised if TN even has many hillbillies nowadays. And even if he were a hillbilly, who cares, and it appears you forget the posting guideline "No Attacks on Others."

If you were joking, then please use an emoticon in the future, for denser Geeks like me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
was
I was joking, but not well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess now I'm an unfrozen sleestak red-neck gamer.

Sadly, I'm not originally a red-neck...as I grew up elsewhere and was actually born in Europe. But I am happy to report I AM originally a sleestak. I was originally unfrozen....later became frozen....and am now unfrozen again. (It may be semantics, but I believe it IS possible to be 'unfrozen' with having ever been frozen. It is NOT possible to be 'dethawed' if one has never been frozen. That's where my cousin Pedro got into trouble.)

In real life, I'm sure she said "V" and I just didn't hear her, since she was using an outdoor public phone and it was pouring rain with our 3 week old screaming in the background. Anyway, if there is a hero here...its Mrs Cornjob.

I was also delighted to discover when I got home that my son had scored a treasure, too. The little 4 year-old budding gamer walked through the door, not just with Spiderman hands (gloves) BUT ALSO with a Frankenstein beanie!! After seeing the manner in which I provide for my children, call me a red-neck to my face!

Still....it would have been nice to get the A&A Europe game, even if I would never play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Quote:
but your family sounds like a bunch of retards

laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh
Jon.. you owe me a new keyboard and monitor... these seem to have coffee all over them now. Reminds me of a great line from a craptacular movie, "Have you been eating retard sandwiches again?"

Excellent work Chester in recruiting a 'seek and recover' team for games. I'm still working on getting my mother to spot the gems in thrift shops, but so far she's only brought me Snob (nice bits, crapwagon of a game) and Lingua (German Scrabble?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
she was using an outdoor public phone and it was pouring rain with our 3 week old screaming in the background.

This is the most impressive thing about the whole story. Your wife went on a 2-3 hour drive (each way?) with a three week old in the back seat. My wife doesn't even like to take our three-month-old on anything longer than a 10 minute drive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.