Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: wanderingmouse: A Great Geek rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas Mauer, aka wanderingmouse, offered several of his sad, no-longer-played games through a list, and gave everyone an opportunity to give him the best reason why he/she should be given the game.

I put in for his copy of Kensington, noting that my young daughters (who even now I am corrupting into board-game madness...) would love the geometry and colors of the game, and it would be good as an abstract game for them.

I didn't get that game, but Tom promised that when he got back from his detachment, he'd send me something else for me and my kids - completely free of charge.

Sure enough, last week Tom sent us a copy of Snake Pit, a game that he claims is not his own design (but it does bear his name on it!) - already assembled and ready to play. My kids loved it - they already like Carcassone: Hunters & Gatherers, so this tile-laying game was right up their alley.

So, many thanks to Tom, a capital fellow and a great geek!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I like stories like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I just have to wait for someone to point out that I'm not following the Journal posting guidelines...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't this have been handled via chat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JEREMY PAQUETTE
United States
ATTLEBORO
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good to hear that there are some good folks out there.

Quote:
Shouldn't this have been handled via chat?

Jason, this sort of inquiry should really be submitted as a Bug Report. We have FAQs for a reason, please use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
definitely!
I'm awaiting Richtofen's War, winging its way to me via usps right now...wouldn't even let me pay for the postage! Great guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.