Subject: BGG connection between Pacific / Europe /Global? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I forsee that discussions regarding the combined global game will randomly be posted under the Europe or the Pacific game. How dowe handle this in the best way? Should the global game have its own entry in the games database, or does a game need to be a "product" to deserve an entry of its own? Is the solution some sort of family/linked forum or something like that? I'm not sure how these things work, but at the moment it doesn't seem to be set up correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr ?
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ozimek wrote:
I forsee that discussions regarding the combined global game will randomly be posted under the Europe or the Pacific game. How dowe handle this in the best way? Should the global game have its own entry in the games database, or does a game need to be a "product" to deserve an entry of its own? Is the solution some sort of family/linked forum or something like that? I'm not sure how these things work, but at the moment it doesn't seem to be set up correctly.

Let me highlight the difficulty you mention!

In my review and other postings, I am mingling impressions and even took some photos that have Global elements in them. But they are in AAE40 forum!

I think there should be a separate forum. Otherwise, where are questions about global going to go? Will I have to look in both AAP40 and AAE40 forums for the answers? That is not efficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian C.
Netherlands
Lepelstraat
flag msg tools
Scared of tax admin Evil Bob?
badge
Contact Me 262 Schwalbe's GG laundry service now!
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion would be: create a new family: Axis & Allies 1940. Global game issues can be posted there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:
My suggestion would be: create a new family: Axis & Allies 1940. Global game issues can be posted there.

That may well be the correct BGG methodology. I couldn't find anything on this in the help section, which is wierd. Can anyone point me to the definition/documentation of these things?

I remember there was a lot of talk about this when RPGG was being designed, but I'm not really sure what the outcome was, and how it relates to BGG.

Edit: Typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian C.
Netherlands
Lepelstraat
flag msg tools
Scared of tax admin Evil Bob?
badge
Contact Me 262 Schwalbe's GG laundry service now!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always mail an admin for advice. They're very helpfull thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Aleman
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I think anniversary edition covered it well. Back then each scenario was specified in the forum. In essence global is a "scenario" of Europe 1940.

I would just create a new forum under Europe 1940. After all, the rules for global are inside Europe rulebook. Or we can just post in the subject section whether the topic is global or Europe only.

Given time, I think Global will be played as often as 1942 anniversary edition was. In my case, rarely. Europe has a lot of appeal, and global will take forever to set up, let alone play. Obviously I will lean towards global more, but will see it less, as I did with Pacific. (I always wanted to play it, but found few people interested as they preferred anniversary over pacific.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesaleman wrote:
I think anniversary edition covered it well. Back then each scenario was specified in the forum. In essence global is a "scenario" of Europe 1940.

I can't see the forums or anything else for that matter being split by scenario in the AA50 entry. Could you please elaborate, maybe I misunderstood you?

jamesaleman wrote:
I would just create a new forum under Europe 1940. After all, the rules for global are inside Europe rulebook. Or we can just post in the subject section whether the topic is global or Europe only.

For many puposes it is a completely different game. Especially strategy, playtime session reports, and to some extend rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:

I doubt that anybody would find and post there though. Until BGG sets up a system where a single entry can have multiple versions (printings, rules updates, global vs. smaller scale game) the only feasible way is to create it as a new product with it's own page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridger wrote:
Me 262 Schwalbe wrote:

I doubt that anybody would find and post there though. Until BGG sets up a system where a single entry can have multiple versions (printings, rules updates, global vs. smaller scale game) the only feasible way is to create it as a new product with it's own page.

Sounds like the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.