Subject: Boardgame Selection App -- Does it exist? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm always amazed by apps that I find incredibly useful that I somehow never knew existed for the longest time so I'm throwing this out there:

I'm looking for an app that randomly selects a game from your collection (preferably pulling from the BGG list). Would be nice if it was smart enough to exclude expansions, or even better allow the user to set individual rules for choosing expansions when certain games come up (for example, Dominion+random number and type of expansions, Arkham+one random expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one, but I can't for the life of me remember where I downloaded it from now. It even exports your collection from the BGG database. I think it's called simply "What Shall We Play?".

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but at least you know that a search won't be completely in vain from the beginning!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you thinking of "What to Play" ?
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/477878

There is also: I Don't Know, What Do You Want To Play?, but that's more of a manual randomness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb

Do you mean an iPhone app or a general computer application? Because you should check out What to Play.

-R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I will check out What to Play for sure. Should have been more specific though that I was originally referring to an iPhone app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
So let me get this straight....

I'm going to use an App to randomly select a game to play...

....A game that will have no dice or other random factors?

Huh?

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, I only play luck-based games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.