Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Gibson
United States
Menomonie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need a bit of help in the department of how conquest tokens operate.

Question 1: Are the conquest tokens shared by all the heroes (one big pool) or does each hero have his/her own stash of tokens?

Question 2: If each hero is responsible for his/her own pool. If any one hero's token are exhausted is the game over or does the hero simply not get to come back into the game?

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CTs are shared by all heroes. Once the pool is gone (i.e. enough heroes have died) then the OL wins.

Some people play the "negative" variant, which allows CTs to go into the negative and keep playing until the heroes have completed the quest. Then if the CTs are still in the negative, the Heroes have lost.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Gibson
United States
Menomonie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the fast response. This will be helpful when I am playing as Over Lord tonight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizzy athan
msg tools
I am new to this, so pardon me if I don't do this the right way. I fight constantly with my boyfriend over conquest tokens..now, I know that every quest starts with an amount of tokens, fist one with 5 if I'm right. What happens whe you level up your heroes and you continue on the second quest with the same heroes? Do you keep your previous earned tokens or you lose them (as it happens with money and items) and you get just the 5 to start with? For example, my boyfriend finishes the 1st quest with 3 tokens in hand, he gets 4 more for killing Narthak and that makes them 7! Does he also get the 5 the second quest indicates to start the game or he loses all 7 and he just gets the 5??? Please help, I am tired of fighting over this all the time!!!! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing carries over between quests. The basic campaign rules are a tacked-on element to give the illusion of continuity, but they only give you levels, nothing else. And the only reason that might not unbalance the game is that they theoretically add an equal bonus to both sides, while carrying over resources for one side would...not.

Plus, they're designed with the idea that you might not play with the same party of heroes (that's why there's rules for mixed levels), so anything that's associated with the party (like conquest) rather than an individual really can't carry over, even if it wasn't a bad idea.

Judging from the forums, most people don't play with the basic campaign rules at all, and just start completely fresh each quest. That's what I'd recommend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking for continuity, then pick up Road to Legend. That is more of a campaign style than vanilla Descent. My son and I are playing it now and it is a BLAST!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizzy athan
msg tools
Alright! That's exactly my thoughts too! He is gonna be soooo mad!! Thanks so so so much for the help!!!!

p.s Road to Legend is an expantion, right???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lizzyathan wrote:
p.s Road to Legend is an expantion, right???

Yes, Descent: The Road to Legend and Descent: The Sea of Blood are the two "Advanced Campaign" expansions, where the game is converted from a long one-night session to a long many-night session (about 50hrs+). It can be fun if you have a dedicated group, and most people will recommend RtL over SoB (SoB has some gameplay issues yet to be resolved from FFG).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.