Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having a hard time picturing pursuit. A cavalry unit is pursuing an infantry unit. Does the cavalry unit and the infantry unit stay in place while the cavalry runs out its remaining movment potential, or is the cavalry chasing the infantry around the map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been awhile since I played this system, but I think it's more a like a push. Infantry runs away and the cavalry chases and re-engages, infantry runs again the cavalry chases and re-engages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cavalry rules for Quatre Bras 2nd Edition and Lutzen differ from other versions. They've been simplified and abstracted. So, while the units on the map do not move during pursuit, the cavalry is burning up movement points attempting to eliminate the target of its charge. In reality, the cavalry unit's squadrons would be fanning out and pursuing individuals, until the cavalry is recalled and reformed. You can look at the "stationary" cavalry that's "pursuing" as representing the center of this mass of dispersing horsemen, and ultimately the place where they'd reform. Otherwise, you need a mechanic to push the counter around, and that adds rules and procedures. The Battles from the Age of Reason system (for example) executes Pursuits in this latter method, so it's not imposssible to show more chaos on the board, but I think Ed intended this version of the rules to be more accessible to players unfamiliar with the system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.