Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Digiovanni
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Apologies if someone else posted something like this, but I searched and couldn't find one, so here we go.

I love BoardgameSpeak and have enjoyed the guest list so far. Very interesting variety of types of guests. Oddly, the one I was most looking forward to, and was most disappointed with was the Hasbro guys interview, but that was entirely due to their not being too forthcoming about their own games and company.

With that in mind, here are my requests for BoardgameSpeak interviews

Fantasy Flight Games:
This is one Aldie mentioned in a recent episode. I want a great in-depth interview with the Fantasy Flight guys. This is a company that has mysteriously ramped up quality in all aspects of their operation, and I'd love to hear about what changed over the past year or so.

Heroscape (redux):
Get them back on to discuss the creation of Heroscape and the various ideas that they considered and tossed out along the way. They went into that slightly, but I'd like a more detailed interview on this topic.

Looney Labs:
They seem to have an interesting take on gaming and would make a good interview.

Avalon Hill:
Since the Hasbro guys weren't allowed to speak about anything, perhaps you could actually get someone from Avalon Hill to talk to.

Richard Garfield:
Revolutionized gaming (or one aspect of it, anyway)

Wizkids:
See Richard Garfield

The three "K's"
Giants in the industry

Feel free to add more to this list!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Li
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regulars
I wouldn't mind if Aldie And Derk made the Canadian guy, Rick, a regular on the show...putting in 1-2 minute clips about games going cardboard. I find them pretty interesting and great reminders!

As usual, Ted's Game reviews are awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Digiovanni
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Adding Rick
I agree. Short segments about games that have Gone Cardboard or quick reviews or short strategy tips for the more popular games would be awesome. Of course, I'm sure the show is already enough work for them without adding mini-segments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uberguests
I'd like to hear from the folks at Uberplay. It seems that they're coming out with a boatload of great reprints and it would be interesting to find out about that process--choosing which ones to reprint, the details and lead-times, and what else might be coming down the pike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: GeekSpeak Guest Wish List
Bobby Fischer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
!!!
shillking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen Glenn and/or Joe Huber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno Faidutti

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
I think it would be nice to hear some playtester experiences. It's a side of gaming that hasn't really been touched upon in previous episodes and would provide interesting insight to game development from a different point of view.

Chris Lawson or Christopher Dearlove come immediately to mind.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second Bruno Faidutti and add a couple of my own:
Jay Tummelson of Rio Grande. He's been a pioneer in bringing quality games to the US.

Jim Doherty of Eight Foot Llama. A truly independent publisher designing and producing quality games on a shoestring budget.
Scott Starkey of DogTown Games. Probably best know for his wacky graphics on such games as Monkeys on the Moon, Scott has dabbled in design and even published his own game, Mother Lode of Sticky Gulch.
Mike Petty, Stephen Glenn and Dom Crapuchettes, organizers of Protospiel, a con for professional and aspiring game designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Bruno

We've asked Bruno to be a guest, but he's not confident that his English speaking would be up to snuff for the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to hear from Jay Tummelson (Rio Grande Games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vögel
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
I've been on this site for 15 years now, and I'm far from sick of games, but I think I prefer a better balance of favorites to new games. I'm also tired of playing 4+ hr multiplayer games, but I'll still happily play really long games 2 player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple more ...
Andrea Angiolino always has great contributions here on BGG.

Andreas Seyfarth would certainly have intersting things to say.

Both of these guys may have similar hesitations about a language barrier, but I don't know how big of a deal that might be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hetrick
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uberplay
I wanted to second the uberplay one. I think the caustic combination of Derk and their mormon background would be worth the price of admission.

Seriously though, I've read an article about them and find their story very fascinating.

I also agree that game designers are always preferred and can imagine that some have enough of a grip on the language to be very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay Tummelson
Actually, Jay would be a good choice. He's very chatty.

One of the other best people to just listen to is Mike Fitzgerald. He has the natural storyteller thing going, and I've listened to him for a good couple of hours quite happily. The big downside is that he works as a DJ for CBS radio in New York--so his contract might keep him from doing the show.

But if he COULD do the show, he might be able to give y'all pointers.

Also...Sandi kind of wants to do a show. I had briefly pondered the idea of doing a "remote show" at a certain private con with a few gamer wives.

Moo,
Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
How 'bout Kurt Adam and Alan Ernstein from Hangman games?

And how 'bout diving into the WBC/Euroquest world with Don Greenwood or Keith Levy or other regulars from that, quite large and very competitive, convention?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Alexander
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Martin Wallace!!!
It would be great to have him on the show - I'd love to hear what he has to say about the state of the game industry, fillers vs. gamer's games, why his games rock so much, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Johnson
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How 'bout
Ruediger Dorn

He is a regular on the Geek, and I am addicted to Jambo right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please keep these good ideas coming - I'm stealing a lot of them for my "Interviews by an Optimist". If you have any more ideas - send them to me, I'll gladly take them. Most of my recent interviews have been requests by BGG members.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More suggestions
Knizia's Tric-Trac (sp?) interview was excellent (and in English due to his limited French), as were the Funagain transcripts. Still, there's room for more interviews with him.

James Ernest and Mike Selinker might be interesting. They have recently sold a couple games to Rio Grande, in addition to their CCG and Cheapass work. The fact that they've created a company (Lone Share Games) to sell game ideas to other publishers may make for additional discussion material.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Digiovanni
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What's taking so long?
Hey Aldie and Derk, I just checked in on the GeekSpeak section and I notice there's no new show yet! What's taking so long?? We've done all this work for you here and you haven't done your parts and gotten these shows recorded! Step it up!

Or maybe we just ought to let Tom Vasel take over the show. HE doesn't ever shirk his duties, no matter how much crap you guys give him...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Von Ahnen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ADG
How about Harry Rowland at Australian Design Group? He was very willing to talk to folks at Origins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second (or third or fourthat this point) the idea of having 'Rick the Canadian Guy' on a semi-regular basis. Even if he just does a few shows a year, an upcoming at Essen and upcoming at Nuremberg show would be cool.

Also, mention was made on the show of having Jeremy Young on to talk about SimplyFun - I'd love to have him on to talk about Uberplay and SimplyFun, but you guys would probably have to watch your language a bit I've just become a SimplyFun consultant and while there is probably not enough 'gamer' content at SimplyFun to interest a majority of the bgg crowd, talking about this for 5-10 minutes during a show about Uberplay would be pretty neat - they have some nice gateway games & a lot of interesting things coming up that should help all of us who are involved in any way with converting new gamers!

coffeetobaccoindigosugarcorn
Thanks for the PR barrels Aldie! 5vp for you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.