Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the Base Set starter set is fixed distribution, but I was wondering if the Diagon Alley and Chamber of Secrets starter sets were also?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes they are. The Diagon Alley starter set is fairly similar to the base starter set. The Chamber of Secrets set is quite different from the other starter sets and contain the full complement of 60 cards each. (The other starter sets come with 40 cards I believe.) I don't recall exactly what's in them, but I believe the Percy deck is potions and transfiguration, and the Weasley Twins deck has quidditch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that the Chamber ones are 1-player starters, where the Base and DA ones are two-player.

The chamber starters are essentially pre-con decks, whereas the other starter decks have fewer cards, and generally are only designed to play eachother and learn the basics of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
cordeiro wrote:
Yes they are. The Diagon Alley starter set is fairly similar to the base starter set. The Chamber of Secrets set is quite different from the other starter sets and contain the full complement of 60 cards each. (The other starter sets come with 40 cards I believe.) I don't recall exactly what's in them, but I believe the Percy deck is potions and transfiguration, and the Weasley Twins deck has quidditch.

Ah okay, thanks. I thought the CoS set had both a starter set and the 2 theme decks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
sirkerry wrote:

Ah okay, thanks. I thought the CoS set had both a starter set and the 2 theme decks?

Hum, according to wikipedia, you are correct. I am not sure whether or not i ever got the CoS starter.

I am very close to having playsets of all 4 sets, so if you ever want to trade or want some commons/uncommons for the cost of shipping, lemme know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
3dicebombers wrote:

Hum, according to wikipedia, you are correct. I am not sure whether or not i ever got the CoS starter.

I am very close to having playsets of all 4 sets, so if you ever want to trade or want some commons/uncommons for the cost of shipping, lemme know.

Wikipedia could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

I'd love to trade and/or get some commons/uncommons off of you - my goal is to make a draftable cube of the game with at least 1 copy of every card for each set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.