Tom Weadock
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mb
The subject line pretty much says it all, but I'll do some more begging and groveling just to keep me humble. I bought NBA showdown very cheaply a couple of weeks ago for my two boys, (Starter pack: 99 cents + $3 shipping on ebay) and I'm hoping to just as cheaply bring in a few more cards. The starter pack gives 16, which allows for 2 full teams of eight, but a few more would at least provide some variety (since, the way it is, Older Brother is going to pick Guy A and then Younger Brother will pick Guy B every single time so that it's always the same two teams against each other. I'd like to spice that up a bit.)

However, the only things I've seen on ebay since then are fairly exotic/large/complete collections (read: Expensive. Remember, I'm cheap. blush ). But, I've also read that in the past it was easy to collect common cards for popular ccgs just by asking people for extras that were just cluttering their collection. So, I thought I'd at least ask, and see if anyone here has extra/duplicate cards lying around that they'd like to get rid of. I realize that only 11 people claim to have the game (based on the bgg page), but I was sort of hoping that maybe there were a few more who were too lazy to check the box.

Remember, I'm trying to do this cheaply (Did I mention that yet? ) so I'm not looking for anything good/rare/exciting, and I don't need very many. My boys don't know much about the NBA anyway, so the lowest of the low will work for them.

Thanks,
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

NT. Hong Kong
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
well, I do have extras.

besides common stuff, any rare do you want? any favarite teams?laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Weadock
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mb
Older Brother likes the Lakers, and hence Younger Brother likes anybody else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Prendergast
United States
Newton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I've got a 2002 starter game and about 8 booster packs. I would trade them, any old games you'd like to trade for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Weadock
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Hey, I've got a 2002 starter game and about 8 booster packs. I would trade them, any old games you'd like to trade for them?

Ah, Jason Little (ynnen) beat you to it. He sent me a bunch of cards -- more than I expected -- so now I'm quite happy. Thnaks a bunch for your offer, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.