Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noise:

1) If a novice makes noise on her first turn, but not on her second turn, do the guards get to act on that? Since they skipped their first turn, is the noise marker the novice placed on her first turn still removed?

2) After a novice has moved and rolled for noise. Does she need to count for noise from the position she ended on, or from the position she passed on that turn that is closest to the guard?

3) When a novice needs to place a noise marker and there are multiple paths that are equal length to the guard, does she get to choose where to place the noise marker next to the guard or does she have to place a noise marker on both paths?

Looking with the guard:

4) When the guard is allowed to move freely (has heard or seen something), is she allowed to look around freely? In other words, can she turn on the spot without spending a movement point or is she still restricted to only turning when moving in a different direction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try my hand here.

Tekar wrote:
Noise:

1) If a novice makes noise on her first turn, but not on her second turn, do the guards get to act on that? Since they skipped their first turn, is the noise marker the novice placed on her first turn still removed?

The novices don't really get two turns in a row to start the game, they get double movement to start the game. Main difference being that they roll for noise at the end of their movement where they will have (hopefully) moved 10 spaces and be far enough away to not be heard by the guards that turn.
Tekar wrote:

2) After a novice has moved and rolled for noise. Does she need to count for noise from the position she ended on, or from the position she passed on that turn that is closest to the guard?

From the spot she ended her movement on.
Tekar wrote:

3) When a novice needs to place a noise marker and there are multiple paths that are equal length to the guard, does she get to choose where to place the noise marker next to the guard or does she have to place a noise marker on both paths?

You place a marker on both paths. I once made noise and was heard by both guards, had 2 equal paths to each. I had to put down 4 noise markers total. Made it pretty easy for the guard player to pinpoint my position (which happened to be right on top of another novice who had been standing still.)

Tekar wrote:

Looking with the guard:

4) When the guard is allowed to move freely (has heard or seen something), is she allowed to look around freely? In other words, can she turn on the spot without spending a movement point or is she still restricted to only turning when moving in a different direction?

I'm pretty sure e guards are always facing the direction they are moving and are not free to turn as they wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwommy the Purple
United States
Portland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
Tekar wrote:

You place a marker on both paths. I once made noise and was heard by both guards, had 2 equal paths to each. I had to put down 4 noise markers total. Made it pretty easy for the guard player to pinpoint my position (which happened to be right on top of another novice who had been standing still.)

Top of page 7 in the rule book says, "If there are two separate paths of the same disrance, place a token on either, or both path(s)."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bass
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwommy wrote:
Mr_Nuts wrote:
Tekar wrote:

Top of page 7 in the rule book says, "If there are two separate paths of the same disrance, place a token on either, or both path(s)."

Exactly right, gwommy. Just to clarify, in the example given, the novice would still have to place at least two noise tokens, one for each guard who heard them, but in either of the valid locations (or both, if you prefer) for each guard.

With regard to the guard facing, there is no provision in the rules for the guard to do anything resembling a pivot. If you want the guard to look south, you take a step to the south. That's as good as it gets, unless you want to design some sort of variant to allow this. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.