Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I have switched from using a screen scraping method for getting everyone's posts to using the XML API. The layout changes kill the screen scraping and the XML API is a much better method anyway, but it has some drawbacks that have not been addressed yet, which is why I had not yet made the switch, but with the recent and upcoming changes, it is simply not maintainanble anymore to use the old method.

Anyway, things may look odd on the post summary pages, and edited vote posts will no longer be rejected (until the XML API can give that status).

And there may be other issues. Also I expect the XML API to change as it is currently in development, but those changes should be much easier to deal with going forward.

Just an fyi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Snaak wrote:
So far, the only thing that seems to be screwed up in my game is the missing player warning system.

looks like a bug on my part, let me look into that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that should be fixed now. We shall see. I could re-init the games, but I am hesitant to do that as it could screw them all up so I would rather let the posts that are messed up stay that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all issues have been worked out now and the new system based on the XML API has been running along smoothly. I also increased the scan time to every 5 min. (it used to be 15 min).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
There were forum changes made today, but the cassy system was not affected at all since I switched to the XML API. This makes me so happy you have no idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been having an issue today that the links Cassie posts have an extra http stuck on the start, so they get redirected to odd places. Might just be me, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
BlackSheep wrote:
I've been having an issue today that the links Cassie posts have an extra http stuck on the start, so they get redirected to odd places. Might just be me, though.

I suspect you're not alone....

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/567491/external-hyperlinks-n...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, so a BGG thing, not a Cassie thing. Right.

Fixed now, by the look of things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I just made a change to the post scanning code to fix a bug where something like this:

[vote beo]
[vote nightfall]

would result in a nightfall vote. I fixed that, but may have introduced other bugs, so be on the look out for that.

also the reason for that bug was that I only required a single bold tag at the beginning since in the past bolds were rendered fine that way and people would ask "hey why didn't my vote count???", recent forum changes actually require a closing tag, so there really isn't a reason to try and protect people from themselves that way anymore and this fixes the issues with people trying to be cute with the nightfalls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Run you clever boy, and REMEMBER!
badge
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is something going on with Cassy? It takes me about 5 min to load a screen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People who play games like that deserve to have their vote locked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
jmilum wrote:
I just made a change to the post scanning code to fix a bug where something like this:

[vote beo]
[vote nightfall]

would result in a nightfall vote. I fixed that, but may have introduced other bugs, so be on the look out for that.

also the reason for that bug was that I only required a single bold tag at the beginning since in the past bolds were rendered fine that way and people would ask "hey why didn't my vote count???", recent forum changes actually require a closing tag, so there really isn't a reason to try and protect people from themselves that way anymore and this fixes the issues with people trying to be cute with the nightfalls.

Um...thanks? I think someone posting that exact phrase should be insta-killed, but I suppose your solution will have to suffice.

Seriously, though: thanks for the fix!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.